I'm so screwed for my Religious Studies GCSE

Watch
Eggerton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Due to clashes in timetabling i was forced to choose RS as my final GCSE. From my first class I've hated it. It is consistently depressing and boring. Being an atheist makes a tough subject even harder as being brought up in a christian family gives others an advantage.
I have no idea how to cope with it, with my exam coming up in 6 months I'm either going to have to drop it or take the E/D.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Being an atheist makes a tough subject even harder as being brought up in a christian family gives others an advantage.
huh? surely it should make it easier in terms of analysing and criticising religious perspectives.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Eggerton)
Due to clashes in timetabling i was forced to choose RS as my final GCSE. From my first class I've hated it. It is consistently depressing and boring. Being an atheist makes a tough subject even harder as being brought up in a christian family gives others an advantage.
I have no idea how to cope with it, with my exam coming up in 6 months I'm either going to have to drop it or take the E/D.
Visit the TSR ISOC and religious lifestyle forums and be prepared for a fast track education.
Eggerton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by _gcx)
huh? surely it should make it easier...
I kinda worded that badly
I am an Atheist. Others being brought up in a christian family probably would have been taught bible verses and teaching their whole life, not just the past 2 years.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Speak to your Head of Year about it.

I would rather step on some Lego in the middle of the night than study RE/RS.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
Visit the TSR ISOC and religious lifestyle forums and be prepared for a fast track education.
I endorse this advice though steadfast radicalism is perhaps not the best introduction.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I kinda worded that badly
I am an Atheist. Others being brought up in a christian family probably would have been taught bible verses and teaching their whole life, not just the past 2 years.
knowing bible verses is a relatively small part of RS gcse. you can do pretty well just knowing a small selection of important teachings to be used well.

a lot of it, including the ethics side, needs somewhat good analytical skills, and a level of cynicism and common sense. Being able to write well is always a plus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads