Turn on thread page Beta

HKU / CUHK Medicine Non-JUPAS Applicants 2018 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yes. And are you from Hong Kong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HUANGR)
    yes. And are you from Hong Kong?
    No, I'm not from Hong Kong. But I'm half Hong Kong and I am currently in an Indonesian international school

I'm taking these subjects within the IB Diploma: English Lang-lit HL, Biology HL, Chemistry HL, Economics SL, Chinese B SL and Math SL.
    My predicted grades are 43/45.

I also submitted my SAT scores to HKU and it was 1420/1600

I hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lana1014)
    No, I'm not from Hong Kong. But I'm half Hong Kong and I am currently in an Indonesian international school

I'm taking these subjects within the IB Diploma: English Lang-lit HL, Biology HL, Chemistry HL, Economics SL, Chinese B SL and Math SL.

I hope this helped!
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    What was your offer? And did you check on the portal or received an email?

I1'm taking these subjects within the IB Diploma: English Lang-lit HL, Biology HL, Chemistry HL, Economics SL, Chinese B SL and Math SL.

I hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome 👏 ! So you got an offer after group interview in Jakarta,right? Anyway congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat0503)
    What was your offer? And did you check on the portal or received an email?
    I have to get a 44/45 in order to get in.

I first got an email that informed me about my offer and then they told me to go to my portal to get my offer letter and other administrative processes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keviny3635)
    Awesome 👏 ! So you got an offer after group interview in Jakarta,right? Anyway congrats!
    Thank you! Yes, I got the offer 1 week after the group interview in Jakarta

ReputationRep:
    Fabulous!You must be outstanding in group I guess.Are you the one called up for the individual interview after the group session?

ReputationRep:
    oh! so you didn't have to do any MMI interview? Also, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lopyb)
    oh! so you didn't have to do any MMI interview? Also, congrats!
    Thank you! I actually had 3 interviews with HKU haha ^^". I flew to HK for the MMI and then had a Skype Interview and then the group interview

ReputationRep:
    May i ask why they invited u 3 times?
    Thank you! I actually had 3 interviews with HKU haha ^^". I flew to HK for the MMI and then had a Skype Interview and then the group interview

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I can't say I'm very sure why myself. However, I'll try my best to answer.

The first two interviews were quite straightforward. The first interview was the MMI. The second Skype interview was to evaluate my Cantonese ability once more. So I don't think locals need to worry about the second interview because their Cantonese will be better than mine

The third interview was a group interview for undergraduate admissions in general. I think I got this interview because I had second/third choice applications and I'm in an international school outside of Hong Kong.

May i ask why they invited u 3 times?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that makes sense because I study at an international school in HK and I heard people who got a skype interview were to evaluate their canto ability since they did not speak canto at all during their interviews. I think offers are not given out for HK based students yet. But congratulations on your offer!
    To be honest I can't say I'm very sure why myself. However, I'll try my best to answer.

The first two interviews were quite straightforward. The first interview was the MMI. The second Skype interview was to evaluate my Cantonese ability once more. So I don't think locals need to worry about the second interview because their Cantonese will be better than mine

The third interview was a group interview for undergraduate admissions in general. I think I got this interview because I had second/third choice applications and I'm in an international school outside of Hong Kong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keviny3635)
    Fabulous!You must be outstanding in group I guess.Are you the one called up for the individual interview after the group session?
    Haha thanks once again! I had interviews in this sequence: MMI, Skype Interview (to evaluate my Cantonese), Group Interview (JKT)

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that makes sense because I study at an international school in HK and I heard people who got a skype interview were to evaluate their canto ability since they did not speak canto at all during their interviews. I think offers are not given out for HK based students yet. But congratulations on your offer!
    Alright! Wish you all the best I hope my answers helped!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get offers by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get offers by any chance?
    my friends and I have not heard anything yet! And we only had the 1 MMI interview

ReputationRep:
    Any Non-Jupas Local student got anything from HKU yet?

ReputationRep:
    For those who got an email can you post you offer letter? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Heard that all the offers would be given out from hku by the end of this month

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.