The Student Room Group

I became really complacent and now i’m not sure he wants me anymore

He sent me a dm 6 weeks ago and we’ve been talking ever since- we both live in england but a good 4 hours away :frown: We haven’t met yet but have had many plans to which have always sort of failed sooo we met online and for the moment we are long distance

I’ve never been in a relationship before and this sound weird but i didn’t/don’t really know the “rules”. Long distance relationships are obviously even harder and you have to give a lot of effort and attention into things.
Anyways, i would sometimes go most of the day without messaging him and he’d be upset by this. This wasn’t always intentional, i’m at uni so am always busy- if not, i’m asleep !

But i could’ve tried harder, i do like him and he liked me a lot (it was quite obvious) but now i feel like i’ve messed things up and he’s had enough of me :frown: Things got really bad 2 weeks ago until one day he just ignored me. I thought we were “over”, i think that’s when something inside me lit up and i realised that i really have to try harder.

So he says that he still wants to continue with us but i’ve got to stop disappearing the way i do (he’s told me this 100 times and i’ve never really listened but now i will) and we’re “good” but it doesn’t feel like it...

What should I do ? I didn’t mean to become complacent with us i just didn’t realise the amount of effort you had to put into a relationship :frown: It’s not even effort it’s just the constant attention- i do want to give it to him but ... idk

I hope all this makes sense
lol
Reply 2
sounds like such a drain...is it even worth it? Why not focus on your studies or find someone closer like at your uni.
Reply 3
What does he do during the weekdays?

Is he also in at Uni or working etc.Is this extra time you are now putting in affecting your studies/health?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending