The Student Room Group

Leaving course and starting a new one

Hello, I am looking to leave my course before Christmas due to mental health and change of career plan and would like to start a nursing course in September instead of my current psychology course. I am in second year, I was wondering if this would effect the loan that I would get for starting a new course and whether I would still get the same amount of loan for the 3 years of the new course? I’ve seen that you get the time for your course+1 and then minus the years you’ve used, my current course is 3 year but with a year in placement, would this then make it to 4+1-2 meaning I would get the 3 years of funding for the new course or would the placement year not count meaning I only get 2 years of funding for he new course? Thank you, Amber Groves
Original post by Ambervig
Hello, I am looking to leave my course before Christmas due to mental health and change of career plan and would like to start a nursing course in September instead of my current psychology course. I am in second year, I was wondering if this would effect the loan that I would get for starting a new course and whether I would still get the same amount of loan for the 3 years of the new course? I’ve seen that you get the time for your course+1 and then minus the years you’ve used, my current course is 3 year but with a year in placement, would this then make it to 4+1-2 meaning I would get the 3 years of funding for the new course or would the placement year not count meaning I only get 2 years of funding for he new course? Thank you, Amber Groves

Hi Ambervig,

The Government has recently announced that from 2017/18 AY new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional courses will no longer receive bursary funding from the NHS and will instead receive regular SFE support in the same manner as students studying non-NHS courses.

These courses are exception courses and previous study is not taken into consideration therefore you will receive full funding.

Thanks

Catherine

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Ambervig,

The Government has recently announced that from 2017/18 AY new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional courses will no longer receive bursary funding from the NHS and will instead receive regular SFE support in the same manner as students studying non-NHS courses.

These courses are exception courses and previous study is not taken into consideration therefore you will receive full funding.

Thanks

Catherine

Thanks

Catherine

Thank you Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest