Turn on thread page Beta

Not sure what this question is asking (Wolsey/Henry VIII) watch

ReputationRep:
    This thread is no longer available.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I’ve not done history for about 6 months now, but I’d approach this question by looking at the domestic policy changes between 1509 and 1529. Look at things like taxes, legal changes (Star Chamber etc), the changes in policies surrounding enclosure and things like the Eltham Ordinances. Assess them (positive and negative impacts) then assess whether the best change to domestic policy between these years were the legal changes. If you don’t think they are - why? What was better than them? What was bad about the legal changes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessThomas6)
    Hey!
    I’ve not done history for about 6 months now, but I’d approach this question by looking at the domestic policy changes between 1509 and 1529. Look at things like taxes, legal changes (Star Chamber etc), the changes in policies surrounding enclosure and things like the Eltham Ordinances. Assess them (positive and negative impacts) then assess whether the best change to domestic policy between these years were the legal changes. If you don’t think they are - why? What was better than them? What was bad about the legal changes?
    Thank you. I understand the knowledge I need to bring in but do reforms such as taxes/Eltham Ordinances count as 'legal' reforms or is that strictly his policies on the law such as the Star Chamber etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)
    Thank you. I understand the knowledge I need to bring in but do reforms such as taxes/Eltham Ordinances count as 'legal' reforms or is that strictly his policies on the law such as the Star Chamber etc.?
    I would count them as financial/privy chamber changes, or possibly even consolidating his power - he framed them as a money saving change, but did it to place his own men into the privy council if I remember correctly

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps a quick check with whoever set the essay might be your best bet
    There are so many legal reforms, if you just concentrate on those in the courts it should be easy to write a fairly extensive essay.
    Lots of domestic policy involved the courts anyway so there’s an overlap
    For example the just price policy and enclosures, the farming policy
    I love this time in history, good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 4, 2017

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.