The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed concerning economics essays!(any answers welcome)

I have a mock next week and I'm struggling with how to structure essays in a way that saves time yet is still perfect.

I've tried writing faster but It doesn't work for me, my work either is too messy or I end up writing too much for some things which leave me lacking in other areas. So this leads me onto a few questions:

1. Do I need to give my opinion for 9 markers.
2.How much should I write for each paragraph?
3.What should I include in the conclusion?
4.How detailed should points in 25 markers be? So for example, if for a point you had to talk about if monopolies exploiting their power is acceptable, would you write about the advantages and disadvantages of monopolies e.g. one would be, monopolies restrict output and raise prices to maximise profit which leads to super normal profits which is an advantage as the profits can go towards innovation which means higher quality products can be made in the future.
Is that all you should write for an advantage or should you add more?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by dont know it
I have a mock next week and I'm struggling with how to structure essays in a way that saves time yet is still perfect.

I've tried writing faster but It doesn't work for me, my work either is too messy or I end up writing too much for some things which leave me lacking in other areas. So this leads me onto a few questions:

1. Do I need to give my opinion for 9 markers.
2.How much should I write for each paragraph?
3.What should I include in the conclusion?
4.How detailed should points in 25 markers be? So for example, if for a point you had to talk about if monopolies exploiting their power is acceptable, would you write about the advantages and disadvantages of monopolies e.g. one would be, monopolies restrict output and raise prices to maximise profit which leads to super normal profits which is an advantage as the profits can go towards innovation which means higher quality products can be made in the future.
Is that all you should write for an advantage or should you add more?

Watch econplusdal on youtube, that should answer any questions you have

Quick Reply

Latest