Revision

Watch this thread
Laura Stock
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone have any tips for revision? I've been out of studying for a long time, this semester has been a baptism of fire!

CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laura Stock)
Anyone have any tips for revision? I've been out of studying for a long time, this semester has been a baptism of fire!
omg tell me about it right :emo:

Um general tips hmmm

Flash cards are great
Quizlet for them is also great

Mind maps are popular

Going over lecture content and pausing it and doing the question and then playing it to check if you got it right is another one

Doing some questions in timed conditions etc.

Hope this helps xD
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Depends on how you learn. Some people might say flashcards but i think they are useless and a waste of time. Perhaps its better to answer the question: how to revise more effectively.
1. Get rid of any distractions. If you can’t manage not looking at your phone when you get a notification, drain your battery to 0% and don’t charge it so it doesn’t distract you.
2. Don’t study long hours without breaks and don’t study late hours. Your body is at its peak at 4-5pm so make sure you are focused on your revision at that time. Ideally study 2 hours and take 1 hour breaks (thats what i do). I never study past 9pm as i like to spend the rest of the remaining day being myself (catching up on social media, telly etc)
3. Make sure your revision is effective and suited for you. As i said, i don’t find using flashcards useful. I prefer to read information from my textbook over and over until it is ingrained into my mind. This is something you have to do yourself. No one can tell you how to revise.
4. Don’t overdo it or try to stretch yourself too fast. Make sure you understand every concept before moving on. For example, in biology (photosynthesis) i like to imagine electron movement across electron carriers and in my head “i see” the iron ions being reduced and oxidised. It really helps me understand what is going on rather than just remembering it.
5. Enjoy revision. Don’t force yourself to do it if you’re having a bad day. Revision shouldn’t be daunting and if you genuinely enjoy your subject, learning becomes easier.
Good luck student(s)!
noor930
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
1. Highlight the key points or keywords in your text books (personally I do this because it saves you time. Making notes is just not for me.)
2. Flashcards- after you have revised a topic just condense the information onto a flashcard.
3. Mind maps
4. Youtube videos
5. Download apps on your phone for that specific subject.
6. Just make sure revise each subject for 40 minutes a day at least.
7. Enjoy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
26.24%
As I expected (46)
32.62%
Harder (51)
36.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.96%

Watched Threads