RevisionWatch this thread
Anyone have any tips for revision? I've been out of studying for a long time, this semester has been a baptism of fire!
Um general tips hmmm
Flash cards are great
Quizlet for them is also great
Mind maps are popular
Going over lecture content and pausing it and doing the question and then playing it to check if you got it right is another one
Doing some questions in timed conditions etc.
Hope this helps xD
1. Get rid of any distractions. If you can’t manage not looking at your phone when you get a notification, drain your battery to 0% and don’t charge it so it doesn’t distract you.
2. Don’t study long hours without breaks and don’t study late hours. Your body is at its peak at 4-5pm so make sure you are focused on your revision at that time. Ideally study 2 hours and take 1 hour breaks (thats what i do). I never study past 9pm as i like to spend the rest of the remaining day being myself (catching up on social media, telly etc)
3. Make sure your revision is effective and suited for you. As i said, i don’t find using flashcards useful. I prefer to read information from my textbook over and over until it is ingrained into my mind. This is something you have to do yourself. No one can tell you how to revise.
4. Don’t overdo it or try to stretch yourself too fast. Make sure you understand every concept before moving on. For example, in biology (photosynthesis) i like to imagine electron movement across electron carriers and in my head “i see” the iron ions being reduced and oxidised. It really helps me understand what is going on rather than just remembering it.
5. Enjoy revision. Don’t force yourself to do it if you’re having a bad day. Revision shouldn’t be daunting and if you genuinely enjoy your subject, learning becomes easier.
Good luck student(s)!
2. Flashcards- after you have revised a topic just condense the information onto a flashcard.
3. Mind maps
4. Youtube videos
5. Download apps on your phone for that specific subject.
6. Just make sure revise each subject for 40 minutes a day at least.