The Student Room Group

Do mocks matter?

I have my Mocks coming up in a month or so and I wanted to know if its worth anything, like obviously i'm going to revise for it and try to get the good grades but I wanted to know if it matters or if its needed in the future.
Mocks don't count towards anything, because they're just practice.

They do give a good indication of how you are performing in the subjects though.
Original post by Roshan100
I have my Mocks coming up in a month or so and I wanted to know if its worth anything, like obviously i'm going to revise for it and try to get the good grades but I wanted to know if it matters or if its needed in the future.

In the grand scheme of things? No, not really.
Reply 3
They are a wake up call
Reply 4
mocks show school what you are capable off and they try to give you a target from that
No, it doesn’t matter in general but it depends on who you are as a person. Are you in year 11? I am in year 11 and I had my mocks two/ one week ago now and I didn’t really revise to the fullest extent that I could’ve and now I’ve got my grades back and they are disappointing I would hope I will be more motivated for my official mocks after Christmas. But if you are looking for the best grades possible that are going to go to your colleges or whatever you decide on doing ( if your in year 11).

Quick Reply

Latest