The Student Room Group

Any advice on these 2 unis?

I'm planning on aiming for Sheffield or Leeds. Can anyone give me some advice and maybe some anecdotes of their time there? Maybe what kind of person would suit what uni and what I can expect?
Reply 1
I visited both for my open days and applied to both. I’m at Leeds now so obviously I’d recommend it lol...

Sheffield is very pretty but I didn’t get a great feel from it. Leeds is less pretty I guess but the resources are great. Everything is so close together yet there is so much space to study (there’s like 5 libraries on campus) plus there’s hundreds of events throughout the year to help you mingle.
I’m such an introvert and Leeds students seem to have a bit of a party reputation but I don’t think that’s the case. In every uni you’ll have people that go clubbing every night and people (like me) who sit at home watching tv haha.

Hope this helps a bit!
Yeah thankyou!
Original post by BethanyRoche
I'm planning on aiming for Sheffield or Leeds. Can anyone give me some advice and maybe some anecdotes of their time there? Maybe what kind of person would suit what uni and what I can expect?

I’m applying for both of those too :smile: I actually thought Leeds was a prettier campus imo, also prefer the city of Leeds although maybe I’m biased as i live nearby!
What course are you interested in studying?
I'm a bit tied. I want to do Japanese and Korean but Leeds only does Japanese. However I'd be happy to do their Asia Pacific Studies course. Sheffield on the other hand does it's own Korean with Japanese course which would be perfect so I'll have to go see them both in the new year

Quick Reply

Latest