The Student Room Group

Can you do electronic engineering if you picked btec level 3 extended in information

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Abdul_w30
hey I'm doing btec level 3 extended in information technology and an a level in computer science at college will a university accept a level and btec

what engineering is related to fixing stuff e.g. I pad mobile phone computer
Reply 21
what engineering is related to fixing stuff e.g. I pad mobile phone computer

An electronic engineering technician apprenticeship
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Doonesbury
An electrical engineering technician apprenticeship

where could I do this apprenticeship also would it let me do an apprenticeship if I've done btec level 3 extended diploma in it ?
Reply 23
where could I do this apprenticeship also would it let me do an apprenticeship if I've done btec level 3 extended diploma in it ?

Yes - you would probably be looking for a Higher or Degree Apprenticeship in Electronic Engineering

Start here: https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide
Also: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=516

And perhaps @Apprenticeships Advice can help :smile:
Reply 24
Yes - you would probably be looking for a Higher or Degree Apprenticeship in Electronic Engineering

Start here: https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide
Also: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=516

And perhaps @Apprenticeships Advice can help :smile:

what kind of course would be suitable for a person who like building hardware for computer pc and a bit of programming
Reply 25
what kind of course would be suitable for a person who likes building hardware for computer / pc and a bit of programming
Reply 26
what kind of course would be suitable for a person who like building hardware for computer pc and a bit of programming

You can learn coding yourself on something like CodeAcademy
Reply 27
You can learn coding yourself on something like CodeAcademy

no I meant like a uni course
Reply 28
no I meant like a uni course

Electronic engineering has coding modules.

But I thought we had established that an apprenticeship was more in line with what you wanted to do.
Reply 29
Electronic engineering has coding modules.

But I thought we had established that an apprenticeship was more in line with what you wanted to do.

to be very honest I want to follow a career in being a kind of guy who repairs mobile phones computer pc but I'm not really sure what would be the best for me to do
Reply 30
to be very honest I want to follow a career in being a kind of guy who repairs mobile phones computer pc but I'm not really sure what would be the best for me to do

An apprenticeship. Or just get.a job in a repair workshop, they will train you.
Reply 31
An apprenticeship. Or just get.a job in a repair workshop, they will train you.

apprenticeship is fine but I just wanted to know what is the difference between higher and degree apprenticeship?
Reply 32
apprenticeship is fine but I just wanted to know what is the difference between higher and degree apprenticeship?

With a degree apprenticeship you end up with an actual degree.

A higher apprenticeship is a Level 4 qualification (similar to an HNC, or the first year of a degree).
Reply 33

These aren't careers you go to uni for really.

If you want to be a repair technician you just need to go for a job or apprenticeship but the pay probably won't be very good with limited opportunities
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by yt7777
These aren't careers you go to uni for really.

If you want to be a repair technician you just need to go for a job or apprenticeship but the pay probably won't be very good with limited opportunities

could you find computer engineering courses or computer hardware uni courses please
Reply 35
could you find computer engineering courses or computer hardware uni courses please

I've moved your thread to the Engineering forum.

Have you looked for any courses yourself? I linked you earlier to the UCAS Search tool.

e.g. https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=computer+hardware+engineering&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&AutoSuggestType=&SearchType=searchbarbutton

Specifically: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/ug18/gg56
Reply 36

what does computer science teach
Reply 37
what does computer science teach

Not how to fix computers. It's an academic study of computing, and many courses need Maths A-level. A fair bit of it is understanding, at a fundamental level, the algorithms and processes involved.

By the way, have you discussed any of this with your college and specifically your course leader?

Your college should have prospectuses available for local universities at least. They will include course descriptions and can help answer questions like what is the difference between Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, etc.

And have you gone to any local university Open Days - they will be very happy to help you with questions like this. :smile:

Also, if you are doing basic research then Google really is your friend...
Reply 38
Not how to fix computers. It's an academic study of computing, and many courses need Maths A-level. A fair bit of it is understanding, at a fundamental level, the algorithms and processes involved.

By the way, have you discussed any of this with your college and specifically your course leader?

Your college should have prospectuses available for local universities at least. They will include course descriptions and can help answer questions like what is the difference between Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, etc.

And have you gone to any local university Open Days - they will be very happy to help you with questions like this. :smile:

Also, if you are doing basic research then Google really is your friend...

OK thanks also my brother is in yr 11 his last year and he wants to study something like electronic based or computer based course what would be the best option for him
Reply 39
OK thanks also my brother is in yr 11 his last year and he wants to study something like electronic based or computer based course what would be the best option for him

Isn't that what you've done?

Does he want to do A-levels? If so Maths is a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending