The Student Room Group

Higher Geography 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

I wrote about the fact that when finished, the routes will connect Manchester, Birmingham etc, that it runs near the airport (although don’t know if I’ll get a mark for that), the building of it will create jobs lowering unemployment, the route passes over a dual carriageway so will need a bridge, there is a risk of flooding at one point, the land is flat at one point, and the route also runs by farms, by housing and through an area of woodland but dunno if I went into enough detail, was pretty clueless about the HSBC thing😬
Reply 41
What were we supposed to write for the first question, my teacher told me the only hydrosphere question you could get was reading a hydrograph and explaining it but i guess not. I just talked about how different types of precipitation for inputs, permeable rocks and vegetation for storage and the ocean for output? I had no idea for transport so I just left it
Original post by bwilliamson
I find the physical unit really difficult to remember! The rest is not too bad.

same here! so is there any helpful resources for the physical landscape?
Thought the exam was pretty decent, however, the geographical skills question was a joke! Everyone in my school was so confused at it!
Original post by bwilliamson
Thought the exam was pretty decent, however, the geographical skills question was a joke! Everyone in my school was so confused at it!

I know I was sweating reading it cos I didn’t have a clue but got some stuff down in the end
Original post by lovesciences
I know I was sweating reading it cos I didn’t have a clue but got some stuff down in the end

Yeah that was the same with me so hopefully I’ll get marks for some of the stuff! Good luck with the rest of your exams everyone!
Reply 46
I did the higher geography exam last week how did everyone find it??
Original post by Lu001
I did the higher geography exam last week how did everyone find it??

The paper was pretty good except from the AGS was sooo hard
Reply 48
Original post by lovesciences
The paper was pretty good except from the AGS was sooo hard

yeah I agree I had no idea what to write
Original post by WNBTH
What were we supposed to write for the first question, my teacher told me the only hydrosphere question you could get was reading a hydrograph and explaining it but i guess not. I just talked about how different types of precipitation for inputs, permeable rocks and vegetation for storage and the ocean for output? I had no idea for transport so I just left it

What you said Shildon get you at least a few marks because I'm sure that's along the right lines

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending