The Student Room Group

How to get over someone?

I can't stop thinking about this person who's 'broke my heart'. How do I get over him and feel happy?
feeling the same way, it sucks, trust me, i know... i try talking to my friends and get busy to forget about it somehow. meeting new people can also help
1 - Think long term using your critical thinking and not emotions. - (Ask yourself, in world where people have lost loved ones through accidents or sickness and yet move on, why am I beating myself over this? - Spend time reading about people who have had a lot of tragedy in their life and compare. You will find out you have a lot to be thankful for, realising what you think is a big deal is not so much)

2 - Rebound option - meet other guys ( Not fair on the new guys but hey there is a sucker born every.....)

3 - Time - Give it time eventually you will get over him (Some don't and let some girl/guy ruin their whole uni experience when they could had been having fun how sad!)

4 - Learn to be arrogant - He is out there having fun right now with other girls and you are there crying over him. See how you look? Well if you were arrogant you wont be crying over him. He will be the one doing the crying. The worst thing you can do right now is show him you are sad the relationship ended. Boys love this and it makes us more desirable and good for our ego.

5 - If all fails - Get a voluntary charity job - prefer with Samaritans if have one in your area, When you have to pick up real life phone calls from people in real agony it suddenly dawns that on you that all the while you were overreacting.

6 - Oh did I mention the bit about throwing yourself into your studies - revenge studying?
Original post by Anonymous
feeling the same way, it sucks, trust me, i know... i try talking to my friends and get busy to forget about it somehow. meeting new people can also help

Thank you :smile:
Original post by JamieLouiseXox
I can't stop thinking about this person who's 'broke my heart'. How do I get over him and feel happy?

Get yourself back out there and go for a rebound
Original post by larryboy
1 - Think long term using your critical thinking and not emotions. - (Ask yourself, in world where people have lost loved ones through accidents or sickness and yet move on, why am I beating myself over this? - Spend time reading about people who have had a lot of tragedy in their life and compare. You will find out you have a lot to be thankful for, realising what you think is a big deal is not so much)

2 - Rebound option - meet other guys ( Not fair on the new guys but hey there is a sucker born every.....)

3 - Time - Give it time eventually you will get over him (Some don't and let some girl/guy ruin their whole uni experience when they could had been having fun how sad!)

4 - Learn to be arrogant - He is out there having fun right now with other girls and you are there crying over him. See how you look? Well if you were arrogant you wont be crying over him. He will be the one doing the crying. The worst thing you can do right now is show him you are sad the relationship ended. Boys love this and it makes us more desirable and good for our ego.

5 - If all fails - Get a voluntary charity job - prefer with Samaritans if have one in your area, When you have to pick up real life phone calls from people in real agony it suddenly dawns that on you that all the while you were overreacting.

6 - Oh did I mention the bit about throwing yourself into your studies - revenge studying?

Thank you so much! This is such great advice, I should especially take note on the studying bit, thank you again :smile:
Original post by JamieLouiseXox
Thank you so much! This is such great advice, I should especially take note on the studying bit, thank you again :smile:

Thanks. I am a foolish boy btw I never heed my own advice hehe. -

The studying bit is the best bit advice hence why saved best for last. Bf's will come and go and even to some extent hold you back. Top grades will follow you and propel you for the rest of your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending