What is classical civilisation?

Watch
Vansstagram
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I need to pick my a level options and I'm not too sure on what Classical Civilisation is
StealingThunder
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Vansstagram)
I need to pick my a level options and I'm not too sure on what Classical Civilisation is
It kind of depends on what modules for it your school offers, but it is what it sounds like. Studying classics, depending on modules, you study classic texts (but in English, that's where it differs from Latin / Ancient Greek a level), history, culture, architecture, etc. It's pretty diverse, so it's probably best to talk to your classics dept about what it entails.
(I didn't do class civ, but I did do latin so I helped the classics dept market class civ, Latin and Ancient Greek to the younger years.)
Apparently it's really good fun as you get to cover more texts without having to master a classical language. (Although imo it's always more fun reading texts in the original, but it's still cool reading translations 👌👍)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads