The Student Room Group

IBM Futures Scheme 2018 Entry [thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGuy264
So I've been put in matching today. Any idea how long it will take for me to get a business interview/get 'matched'?

Good luck mate! It could be anywhere between a few days or months..
Original post by iamhasana
I had my Business interview last week with a potential manager. Fingers crossed!

was your final interview really formal?? Or more like a discussion like at the AC
Reply 42
Original post by sugar_spice03
was your final interview really formal?? Or more like a discussion like at the AC

My one was quite formal because it was a financial role. So it had some technical questions as-well as competency. Overall, It will depend on what area of business you are applying for
I applied to IBM about three weeks ago and I completed the IPAT test and online interview and now I've gotten though to the 'Further Pre- Screening' stage. I applied for the business sector so does anyone know what this stage entails or how long I will have to wait to find out if I've been successful to get through to the Assessment Centre?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!
Original post by beckyaitken
I applied to IBM about three weeks ago and I completed the IPAT test and online interview and now I've gotten though to the 'Further Pre- Screening' stage. I applied for the business sector so does anyone know what this stage entails or how long I will have to wait to find out if I've been successful to get through to the Assessment Centre?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

Same I'm still waiting for ages, I feel like I smashed the Online video interview and did quite well in the IPAT(they replied saying I passed). It says my application is under review now but it said for like nearly 1 month... Hopefully they don't invite me to the assessment centre during exam period, I'm really hoping its after my exams
Reply 45
Original post by Gg ez plat smurf
Same I'm still waiting for ages, I feel like I smashed the Online video interview and did quite well in the IPAT(they replied saying I passed). It says my application is under review now but it said for like nearly 1 month... Hopefully they don't invite me to the assessment centre during exam period, I'm really hoping its after my exams

I decided not to go to IBM even though I got 2 offers from them. They emailed me 2 weeks ago saying this years hiring process is over. This was to confirm if i wanted to be removed from there databases.

Sorry, there is always next year.
I decided not to go to IBM even though I got 2 offers from them. They emailed me 2 weeks ago saying this years hiring process is over. This was to confirm if i wanted to be removed from there databases.

Why did you choose to decline both their offers? Just curious. I'm currently still in matching, haven't heard anything in a month.

That's weird they emailed you saying two weeks ago that the hiring process is over because that is when they just emailed me saying I was through to the further pre-screening! I've just emailed them now asking because I am slightly panicking that I have just been forgotten about haha! Can I ask did you apply for business or technology?
Reply 48
That's weird they emailed you saying two weeks ago that the hiring process is over because that is when they just emailed me saying I was through to the further pre-screening! I've just emailed them now asking because I am slightly panicking that I have just been forgotten about haha! Can I ask did you apply for business or technology?

I applied for business (more specifically finance/deals)
Reply 49
Original post by TheGuy264
Why did you choose to decline both their offers? Just curious. I'm currently still in matching, haven't heard anything in a month.

I got a place at PwC which is was better for what I want to do in the future. (Tax consultant)

What did IBM say about it? I'm in matching btw and still waiting to hear back :smile:))
Original post by sugar_spice03
What did IBM say about it? I'm in matching btw and still waiting to hear back :smile:))

I just got through to the Assessment Centre stage yesterday so they must have still been hiring! Does anyone have any tips for the assessment centre??
I'm going to the AC tomorrow (although I'm applying as a school leaver so not sure if this is the right thread) - fingers crossed! My biggest concern is the presentation, it's the first time I'll be doing one and the one I have right now is okay but nothing overtly professional... then again I've never had a job so I wouldn't know!
Original post by jra216
My advice would be as follows:

- Don't stress/worry too much - the AC is just a way of IBM assessing whether you are a suitable candidate for the company, do you have the skills for the roles that we are looking to fill. On the other hand it is also you trying to understand whether IBM is right for you, do you like the culture etc?

- Do some research into IBM (presumably/hopefully you have already done this to an extent) but really try to understand what IBM is trying to do in the market, where is it investing etc. IBM is no longer a 'computer' company (as many people think) so make it clear that you know and can illustrate that. Also, it's good to understand how this ties in with IBM's financials and its strategy.

- Finally, the aim of the assessment center is to asses people... don't be afraid to speak up, ask questions. We are looking for people we think can work successfully in teams, communicate, reason etc. Think about the skills that are required in the workplace, that is what IBM are looking for so try and illustrate that.

Do you have any tips for the video interview/ if they ask any technical questions?
Original post by Gg ez plat smurf

Hey, could you please guide on what kind of questions are asked in the video interview? I understand it's competency-based, but if you could please provide some more details.
Original post by simpson2018
Do you have any tips for the video interview/ if they ask any technical questions?

Hey, have you appeared for the Video interview yet? If yes, what did they ask?
I have mine tomorrow and kind of nervous.
Reply 56
Original post by SatabdiDas
Hey, have you appeared for the Video interview yet? If yes, what did they ask?
I have mine tomorrow and kind of nervous.

How did the video interview go and also how long does it take?

I have mine to do on Friday

I'm nervous to answer questions like why IBM.
Has anyone got any tips for the video interview?
Just be yourselves and answer honestly. They just use it to see who’s lied or got their parents to write their CV. You have unlimited time to prepare and record each question :smile:
Any video interview tips /questions asked?? Need to do mine for finance

Quick Reply

Latest