Are you scared of dying? Watch

Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm not scared of dying but I'm scared of the eternal nothingness that lies ahead. You die and that's it, never to exist ever again, you'll never think or be aware for eternity... Just gone forever. :afraid:

Doesn't it terrify you to think of it like that?

No afterlife, no nothing... Your body will rot into the ground (or cremation if you prefer), then the sun will explode, the Earth will be destroy and in billions of years the universe will be cold and dark with nothing happening... It's a pretty messed up end to such a great universe.

Every living thing to ever exist in the entire universe will be dead and there will be nobody to tell our story and nobody to remember our story. That's pretty sad.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i prefer to flirt with it
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
I'm not scared of dying but I'm scared of the eternal nothingness that lies ahead. You die and that's it, never to exist ever again, you'll never think or be aware for eternity... Just gone forever. :afraid:

Doesn't it terrify you to think of it like that?

No afterlife, no nothing... Your body will rot into the ground (or cremation if you prefer), then the sun will explode, the Earth will be destroy and in billions of years the universe will be cold and dark with nothing happening... It's a pretty messed up end to such a great universe.

Every living thing to ever exist in the entire universe will be dead and there will be nobody to tell our story and nobody to remember our story. That's pretty sad.
all that will be left behind is a little pile of green gems :emo:
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
Ganjaweed Rebel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. I love my existence and I would hate for it not to exist.
Texxers
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I can lay awake for hours at night thinking about that.
qam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
i prefer to flirt with it
How so ?

:console::console::hugs::hugs::love::lovie::macarena:
qasim-96
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol no.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by qam)
How so ?

:console::console::hugs::hugs::love::lovie::macarena:
by using those emoji's and telling it to kiss my ass
Persona5
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm scared tbh. It's best to not think about it too much
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, not at all.
Kholly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The only thing I really think about when it comes to my death is how it would affect the people in my life. I hate the thought of causing others sadness or pain
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most people on this website are teens which means, usually, they haven't faced their own mortality unless they've been really sick as kids.

I had epilepsy as a kid (hopefully not anymore) but I had just nocturnal seizures. In this sense, my illness was invisible, you couldn't tell I had it 'cos I only had seizures when I was asleep.

But I was absolutely terrified that I'd die in my sleep (SUDEP is an actual thing in epilepsy) or that something horrible would happen to my brain because of my condition. I'm convinced these seizures I had when I was like 5 played havoc with my brain chemistry hence my later, teen problems with my mood.

So yes, I'm terrified of dying. I can't understand those who don't. And I mean people who have put some thought into it, not teens who have never really faced death. I was watching an interview with William F. Buckley when he was in his last years of his life and he said not only did he not fear death but he welcomed it because he was tired of life. Now, he was like 80 or something but my fear of death has only increased as I aged so I don't expect to welcome it as I grow older.
Afuru
Badges: 12
Report 1 year ago
No I'm much more scared of being alone forever, I mean all of that wouldn't matter if I was alone my whole life, my life would have felt empty already. Loneliness is what I fear the most tbh
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm more scared about dying young and also very scared of losing my loved ones but I am not scared of 'what's on the other side' or anything like that. I've accepted that death will come eventually. Its grief from loved ones passing and wasting my life/life ending prematurely that scares me since as far as I believe, I only have one shot at life.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure it's ever scared me. I've always thought a lot about death, and it's been explained that my life expectancy is decently lower than average, and I've had a number of more serious scares. The only thing that worries me about death is the idea of it being painful and undignified, dying unhappy, and dying having not achieved anything
Ninja Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I'm not sure it's ever scared me. I've always thought a lot about death, and it's been explained that my life expectancy is decently lower than average, and I've had a number of more serious scares. The only thing that worries me about death is the idea of it being painful and undignified, dying unhappy, and dying having not achieved anything
Agreed, I would hate to go out in a painful way or in fear.

I also wouldn't like to go out instantly because I want to have time to reflect on life and the universe and make my peace. One piece of comfort I guess is that what we're all going to experience has been experienced by billions of people before us and will be experienced by billions of people after us so we're not alone in the journey of exiting this world.
arizonaidiot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a firm belief in God so no.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by arizonaidiot)
I have a firm belief in God so no.
It's a shame that you will not exist after your time to go has came to realise your God doesn't either.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do not fear death itself, but the way that it comes. I do for the time being want to put off the act of dying, however. Not because I presently enjoy living all that much, but because I have work that is to be done in this world that I have no reason to believe can be completed from beyond the grave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads