The Student Room Group

How to change my maintenance loan

I recently sent off details of my parent's income as I noticed I would be eligible for a bursary from my university. I think student finance however have updated my loan, so it has gone up from around £3000 to £7000! I definitely do not want to take out a bigger maintenance loan than I have to. How do I change my maintenance loan, is there a way to do it on the student finance website or will I have to call them up?
Reply 1
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I recently sent off details of my parent's income as I noticed I would be eligible for a bursary from my university. I think student finance however have updated my loan, so it has gone up from around £3000 to £7000! I definitely do not want to take out a bigger maintenance loan than I have to. How do I change my maintenance loan, is there a way to do it on the student finance website or will I have to call them up?

Once you've logged onto the SFE website, there should be a collapsed menu showing your year of entry and course name. Expand it and click on 'Change your application'. You'll then be able to change how much maintenance loan you want to take out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending