35.37%
No (433)
64.63%
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do you give your friends and family Christmas cards or do you think they are a waste of money? Would you only give out cards to loved ones who lived close by and that you could deliver by hand?
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I remember how everyone used to give christmas cards and have fun decirating the insides and stuff now rveryone just sends a text with a bunch of emojis

:console::console::hugs::hugs::love::lovie::macarena:
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i send about 30 Christmas Cards each year.

:merry:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rum Ham)
Do you give your friends and family Christmas cards or do you think they are a waste of money? Would you only give out cards to loved ones who lived close by and that you could deliver by hand?
On occasion I send christmas cards to friends who are so meaningful to me. But as almost christmas I send them a writing letter, firstly it is more personal and secondly it has more place to write lovely words.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cards are more important than presents. You can't buy the words someone has written.:heart:
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I normally send cards to close friends and family. Cards that I send to friends who live away act almost as letters - we write about what is going on in our lives or sometimes just random things. I look forward to getting Christmas cards in the post!
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Cards are more important than presents. You can't buy the words someone has written.:heart:
So true, so true. The same goes for words said to a person you love. Gifts are just a bonus to give pleasure.
Persona5
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used to hand out Xmas cards to kids in my class. I haven't done any Xmas cards in recent years tho
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i only really give cards to my immediate family. when i was a school/college/uni i gave them to some of my teachers as well
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I send three. Parents, brother. Be arsed with anyone else.
Avaia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I give my dad and my partner Chrimbo cards...some other people may get them but it depends xD
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have about 65 people on my Christmas card list but people come and go off the list each year. It's an expensive business buying all the stamps though, so not sure it's gonna be viable to post out cards to people in the future I do like giving cards though, to show people that I care about and think of them
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I send cards to people i really care about and do paintings and stuff for my parent instead. Would like to send more but each card takes a while to do (unless it is in a more cartoon style) so yeh. Just like making people cheered up :santa3:
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't bother unless particular people I care about have sent me them. I don't really like receiving them either
lucyrjcecil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I write Christmas cards to my very close friends and spend a VERY long time making them as funny and informal as possible. e.g. drawing terrible pictures of us dressed as elves or often I choose totally inappropriate cards such as THOMAS THE MONSTER SNOW TRUCK WISHES A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO MY FAVOURITE GRANDSON and deliver them to my mates (same age as me)

I enjoy making people laugh so I only make a select few but really invest my time in them.
As for family members, I just sign the ones my mum writes
DataLove
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rum Ham)
Its traditional, timeless, and it can give real warmth and love to those you like or care about. You are (usually) required to hand a card in person to your recipient, or you go to a post office to send it. Your going out of your own way to do something very simple, but lovely; reminding those you care about that they are special to you.

A text or an email never cuts it whatsoever!
Michiyo
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have never sent Christmas cards, but that changed this year.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven't sent a Christmas card in aaaages, but I used to really love doing it
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Michiyo)
I have never sent Christmas cards, but that changed this year.
What is the reason that it changed this year? I am curious now.

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I haven't sent a Christmas card in aaaages, but I used to really love doing it
In ages? so it is a long time tradition for you? if so, me too!
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not really but I always send 3-4 out to friends/family who I know will appreciate them.

Don't like receiving them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (360)
44.67%
No (85)
10.55%
I'm not old enough (361)
44.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed