The Student Room Group

Economics degree apprenticeships

Hi! I'm currently about to pick my a levels And my current plan is to do Geography, Physics and Economics.

I'm interested in working in economics, however I don't intend to go to uni due to the crazy tuition fees.

For this reason I'm interested in degree apprenticeships and I was wondering if many are available in the business economics type area as I couldn't seem to really find any?

Thanks so much for your help.
Reply 1
You could check with big firms like ibm , ey , pwc , kpmg etc

:console::console::hugs::hugs::love::lovie::macarena:
The govt is in consultation on launching an Economics degree apprenticeships
Reply 3
Following on from what @qam suggested. I'm pretty sure all members of the big four (PWC, Deloitte, KPMG and EY) have school leavers schemes.

For instance, the Deloitte one is called their 'BrightStart Scheme'. As part of this scheme you would usually acquire the ACCA (accounting qualification) and get paid! Within 4 years you would be at the same level as the grads after their 3 years. It is is a pretty sweet deal in my opinion.

Obviously accounting isn't quite economics but acquiring an accounting qualification from a big four company should give you strong experience and open a few doors!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TehLurd
Following on from what @qam suggested. I'm pretty sure all members of the big four (PWC, Deloitte, KPMG and EY) have school leavers schemes.

For instance, the Deloitte one is called their 'BrightStart Scheme'. As part of this scheme you would usually acquire the ACCA (accounting qualification) and get paid! Within 4 years you would be at the same level as the grads after their 3 years. It is is a pretty sweet deal in my opinion.

Obviously accounting isn't quite economics but acquiring an accounting qualification from a big four company should give you strong experience and open a few doors!

Narrows your options too much in Accouting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending