lancemed22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi new to Student Room! I’m Lance and I’m a Year9 student. I just started doing GCSE(my school does gcse 1 year advance.

I am just curious what did other pupils/students choose as their optional subject courses?

I chose: ICT,Food Preparation and Nutrition,History and Geography .
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey! Welcome to TSR your choices look great! I picked History when I did my GCSEs and I absolutely loved it :yep:
leannexii
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m in Year 11 and doing French, History, Textiles and Food Preparation and Nutrition (rip)
brobbins11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those look like interesting choices! I did History, Sociology, ICT and Spanish at GCSE. I really liked History, and Sociology really does change how you view media and society (as it should).
Know Your Enemy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did Welsh 2nd Language full-course (ugh, worst mistake ever), Geography (another mistake), History and I.C.T. Welsh Bacc was also compulsory at GCSE.
Physicsislove
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lancemed22)
Hi new to Student Room! I’m Lance and I’m a Year9 student. I just started doing GCSE(my school does gcse 1 year advance.

I am just curious what did other pupils/students choose as their optional subject courses?

Those are awful subjects. You need to be doing the two true subjects of Gender Studies and Sports Science in order to succeed at life.
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did triple science,computer science,history,geography,religi ousstudies and art(worst mistake ever). I enjoyed computer science and triple science the most.
Michiyo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had to do English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, at least a Science GCSE, and Religious Studies. Citizenship was also compulsory at GCSE, but since I am not a British citizen, I did not have to take it. I chose Triple Science (I had the choice of doing either science and art or pure science; I opted for Triple Science as I did not want to do Art), Business Studies, History, and Psychology.
lancemed22
Rep:
?
Leanne-wright Those sound like amazing choices Leanne! I did wanna do French in gcse but we were only allowed to have 4 subjects
lancemed22
Rep:
?
brobbins11 Thank you! I really do like your options for picked I wish I was able to have Spanish and Sociology but we don’t do Spanish anymore for GCSE due to the teacher’s languages they speak(mainly French) and Sociology in my school is only available at A-Level
lancemed22
Rep:
?
Hey_Its_Cerian Hi! Those sound like interesting choices although I wouldn’t have done Welsh 2nd Language because I’m really bad at learning a language. I don’t have the determination too sadly
lancemed22
Rep:
?
@Physicsislove Hi! I did the subjects because I do enjoy them and I believe I will get far in life with them especially with the society with us at the moment. I didn’t know Gender Studies was a subject tho? Interesting......
lancemed22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Hey! Welcome to TSR your choices look great! I picked History when I did my GCSEs and I absolutely loved it :yep:
I am glad you enjoyed GCSE history It makes me feel more happy that a lot of people enjoy this GCSE course. Thanks for replying ☺️
mundosinfin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I didn’t know Gender Studies was a subject tho? Interesting......
Ehhh.... they were trolling lol
And I study French, Spanish, German, History, Latin
Ukvoltaire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I chose History, French and Mandarin. Now I am in Year 12.
leannexii
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Leanne-wright Those sound like amazing choices Leanne! I did wanna do French in gcse but we were only allowed to have 4 subjects
Aw thats a shame but there’s always the option of learning basic French from just apps and the internet I guess. And if you need any help with history (depending on what you study) or food tech then i can help
Know Your Enemy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey_Its_Cerian Hi! Those sound like interesting choices although I wouldn’t have done Welsh 2nd Language because I’m really bad at learning a language. I don’t have the determination too sadly
Yeah. Unfortunately, short-course Welsh is compulsory for schools in Wales so I opted for the full-course as I figured I might as well get a proper GCSE out of it. I don't mind learning languages and I don't even mind Welsh, but opting for the full-course was a mistake regardless as I spent the lessons on my own and feeling miserable (lol). You've got a good combination of choices though.
username3585844
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ICT, Resistant Materials, Graphics, Product Design. Yeah, I was a very Tech-y person back then. I didn't find Tech that interesting though and my GCSE grades could've been better so I've decided to study just ICT and alternative subjects for A Level.
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do French RS Geography Drama and Business. Business is awful and is so hard to revise
Lydia.Mx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hi and welcome!! Those look like great choices, how are you finding them/are you enjoying them? I'm in year 11 (ahhh!) and chose Triple Science (if we took this then it'd take up one of our options), Geography, Child Development and Spanish!! Geography is my favourite subject - good luck for the next few years, I'm sure you'll smash it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.48%

Watched Threads