carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 9216879)
how to grow my hair fast actually it is
extremely slow in growing
The only factor which will really help you is diet; hair is made of keratin, so making sure you’re consuming plenty of protein will help. I certainly notice more hair and nail growth when I go on holiday as I tend to eat more fish by the sea!
Also try and keep the hair in good condition to avoid split ends and breakages which will shorten the hair. Avoid dyeing and heat styling, including hair drying. Avoid washing more than necessary as natural oils help to keep the hair strong, otherwise they will dry out and become brittle

Hope that helps a little!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by carrotstar)
The only factor which will really help you is diet; hair is made of keratin, so making sure you’re consuming plenty of protein will help. I certainly notice more hair and nail growth when I go on holiday as I tend to eat more fish by the sea!
Also try and keep the hair in good condition to avoid split ends and breakages which will shorten the hair. Avoid dyeing and heat styling, including hair drying. Avoid washing more than necessary as natural oils help to keep the hair strong, otherwise they will dry out and become brittle

Hope that helps a little!
thanks
PepsiMaximus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you can get hair and nail supplements, they might help a little
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PepsiMaximus)
you can get hair and nail supplements, they might help a little
one of my friend said it damage hair is it true????
PepsiMaximus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
one of my friend said it damage hair is it true????
I can't say i've ever heard it damages your hair. If you go to holland and barrett they sell some, if you ask them about it they should give you honest advice. it's good to make sure
DeeStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how to grow my hair fast actually it is
extremely slow in growing
MSM + Vitamin C
jane21august
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just consult your Doctor as he will provide you with proper advice regarding the products and medication to use.
DeeStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jane21august)
Just consult your Doctor as he will provide you with proper advice regarding the products and medication to use.
Just so people are aware you average doctor has if they are lucky a single 3 hour lesson on nutrition during their medical training.

I have several relatives that are doctors and spoke to many - They are not taught nutrition.

If you want to know what makes hair grow, ask a vet .. Cats, Dog & Horses all get put for show and having great hair is how they win certain competitions.
be awake
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Faster hair growth isn't actually hard to do.

Like someone mentioned, you need to have a good source of protein, specifically collagen that can help hair follicles produce hair. I'd say hydrolysed beef collagen is really effective for this or eating more lean beef since the protein is bioavailable.

Increasing blood circulation is also important for faster hair growth so do light scalp massage to stimulate blood flow (just for 5min a day even)

Certain supplements can also help e.g niacin tablets and B-complex. The former pushes more blood to peripheries and helps vasodilate blood vessels.

Source - This actually has a neat list of things you can do if you are really that worried.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (99)
13.13%
1 (94)
12.47%
2 (94)
12.47%
19.23%
22.68%
20.03%

Watched Threads