The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Mst in History at Oxford! Questions about post grad/masters

Hi.. !

I have a few questions about doing a Masters in History at Oxford. I couldn't find any other threads of information, I'm choosing between Modern European History 1850 - present, and US history (But probably leaning more towards European history)

if anyone has done either of these courses, or in general a Mst in history at Oxford please send me a message! As I'm a bit stuck at the moment, having already graduated last year I feel a bit out of touch. Would like some advice in terms of statement of purpose and my research proposal.

In terms of the application process.. it mentions that for modern european history, you have the chance to improve modern foreign languages, does this mean you can take language classes?

For the CV/ resume, is this a standard CV with academic, work related achievements, or also a covering letter?
For the essay, it says it requires '2 of 2,000 words each or one essay of 4 - 5,000 words'.
I have essays that were 3,000 words each. Should I just send one, or two? Thanks so much if anyone can help!
Original post by 01234567
Hi.. !

I have a few questions about doing a Masters in History at Oxford. I couldn't find any other threads of information, I'm choosing between Modern European History 1850 - present, and US history (But probably leaning more towards European history)

if anyone has done either of these courses, or in general a Mst in history at Oxford please send me a message! As I'm a bit stuck at the moment, having already graduated last year I feel a bit out of touch. Would like some advice in terms of statement of purpose and my research proposal.

In terms of the application process.. it mentions that for modern european history, you have the chance to improve modern foreign languages, does this mean you can take language classes?

For the CV/ resume, is this a standard CV with academic, work related achievements, or also a covering letter?
For the essay, it says it requires '2 of 2,000 words each or one essay of 4 - 5,000 words'.
I have essays that were 3,000 words each. Should I just send one, or two? Thanks so much if anyone can help!

Postgrads don't tend to stick around. You need to read the application instructions very carefully. Your statement of purpose should be about your academic interests in the subject, what your relevant skills and experiences are, why you want to do this course, why this uni and dept, what your career plans are and how this course fits with them. Whether or not you will be doing language courses will be on the website and if not email and ask. If you've been asked for a CV you want to cover everything that's relevant. You need to either cut your essays down to 3000 words or write a 4000 word one.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending