The Student Room Group

Procrastination

It's a well asked question but does anyone have any decent tips on revision and helping to self-motivate?
Honestly, where procrastination is concerned, I had to go cold turkey on anything I could procrastinate with: games, books not on my syllabus, social media, television, etc. Once that was cleared aside, and I could get the craving to return to them to reduce, I felt like the only thing I could do was revise.

But that method can be deadly for some people, and you could just get the need to go full activity binge with anything that distracts you. See how it goes.

Another procrastination avoidance method is to realise your goals for your education, and put in front of you where you want it to take you. Being surrounding by your goals can often inject some spirit into you.

Revision wise, I find a lot of repetition is the best way, mainly by the means of doing Past Papers by subject. I highlight key points from all topics on master sheets, to guarantee myself punchy sentences that both can be recalled quickly in an exam and used as prompts to higher quality points that hit all my AOs. It is a stepping process: basic point recalled from master sheet, that reminds me of that better point that I connect to the first point for more marks, and finally drags back up that best point for my high AOs.

I also find that for important words and their definitions, making cards I have to match up works very well. You know, one card has a word on, the other has its definition. I will either do a conventional matching game or snap, which is quite fun. Works just like regular snap, apart from you say snap whenever you put down the word then its definition down consecutively.
(edited 6 years ago)
Mon frere, je souffrir pour le procratination... Je aussi avoir besoin l'aide.
Merci @dandiprat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending