Lilcutie 2119
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i can't pick between geography or history in GSCE! i'm better at geography but i really love history and i want to be an archaeologist when i grow up!! PLEASE HELP
choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lilcutie 2119)
i can't pick between geography or history in GSCE! i'm better at geography but i really love history and i want to be an archaeologist when i grow up!! PLEASE HELP
History esp if u wanna become an archaeologist in the future
T0mas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm doing geography now and it is easy, but you can pick both
Persona5
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unless you're a lot better at geography, go with History as you like it more
Know Your Enemy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are they both in the same option line? If they are, then go for History considering your career ambitions. If you're able to choose both, however, go for both! Geography isn't difficult so you should be able to get a decent grade if you're good at it anyway. And History complements Geography so go for both if you can. Otherwise go for History, like I said.
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go for the history, you can always do the Geography at a later date if you so wish to. Education doesn't finish when you leave school, a lot of GCSEs are done at college now.
MayaBat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pick history. I did both, and although in Years 7-9 I always enjoyed and did really well in Geography, I much preferred GCSE History to GCSE Geography.
Know Your Enemy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MayaBat)
Pick history. I did both, and although in Years 7-9 I always enjoyed and did really well in Geography, I much preferred GCSE History to GCSE Geography.
The same sort of thing happened to me. I didn't mind Geography in KS3 but I really came to hate the subject at GCSE. One unit of my GCSE History course was boring and History wasn't even one of my original considerations, yet I still enjoyed it much more than Geog. I had the same grade in both, though.
MayaBat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hey_Its_Cerian)
The same sort of thing happened to me. I didn't mind Geography in KS3 but I really came to hate the subject at GCSE. One unit of my GCSE History course was boring and History wasn't even one of my original considerations, yet I still enjoyed it much more than Geog. I had the same grade in both, though.
Same! I switched from Spanish to History last minute, whereas Geography was my first choice when picking my GCSEs. I found GCSE History quite fascinating, whereas I could barely concentrate during Geography lessons. The only thing I disliked about History was the coursework, but I’m pretty sure that there isn’t any coursework in the new 1-9 graded GCSEs
ions
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
History, you will regret struggling through 2 years of a subject you don't like
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.36%
No (48)
21.92%
Not sure (41)
18.72%

Watched Threads