The Student Room Group

two a levels??

Hello, Im in yr 13 now and I'm currently only doing two a levels in media and film and an as level in english which I don't plan to carry on to a level.
I had a really hard time at college last year (further education colleges are not a good place to have your first wack at a levels) and ended up with two U's in english lit and politics and a C and a B in media and film respectively.

I'm a pretty bright guy and at the risk of sounding boastful I did write a very good personal statement and my teachers at my current school see a lot of potential in me and say they'll give me an excellent reference.

If I got say a C or whatever in my english as and Cs and above in media and film, how do you think this'll affect my ucas application? I've applied for film/journalism courses at roehampton, lcc, middlesex and edge hill university.
Reply 1
thansk for moving this
They won't assess your application based on what you've failed, they'll assess it based on what you're predicted to pass and what you've passed.
i don't know about those particular universities but a friend of mine got into a uni on 2 E grades. so it is possible to get into a university (if you don't get into yours you can go through clearing to one that will let you in)

personally i don't think my friend should have gone to university because if he can't pass a couple of A levels, he's not going to get a degree. but if you think you could get a degree then go for it, wherever you have to attend university.

Latest