The Student Room Group
Reply 1
trev1122
After you completed your BEng or BSc degree, could you transfer to a MEng undergraduate masters degree course which is the 4th year?

Yes, although this is only offered at a number of universities - Birmingham is one of them.
Reply 2
If you get a 3rd class or 2:2 BSc degree, do you think people can do a MEng degree?
Reply 3
I think it would be difficult - I think most Uni's have the first two years common to the BEng and MEng students then you can continue on/transfer to the MEng course only if you're on a 2:1 or better. Not sure how they'd feel about it if you'd finished with a 2:2 or a third.
Jenn xx
Reply 4
JennLlama
I think it would be difficult - I think most Uni's have the first two years common to the BEng and MEng students then you can continue on/transfer to the MEng course only if you're on a 2:1 or better. Not sure how they'd feel about it if you'd finished with a 2:2 or a third.
Jenn xx

Yeah at my uni you needed 60% at least in all your modules to stay on the MEng course or transfer up to it from the BEng. so a 2:2 might not cut it, one thing you can do though... Ask the uni they'll sort you out.
Reply 5
2.1 is the usual min standard.
Reply 6
At exeter you can only transfer from BEng to MEng in the first two years. Third year modules are higher level for an MEng. I thought this was the same at most other unis too? So if you get a BEng you can't just do the fourth year for MEng.

Latest

Trending

Trending