Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After you completed your BEng or BSc degree, could you transfer to a MEng undergraduate masters degree course which is the 4th year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    After you completed your BEng or BSc degree, could you transfer to a MEng undergraduate masters degree course which is the 4th year?
    Yes, although this is only offered at a number of universities - Birmingham is one of them.

ReputationRep:
    If you get a 3rd class or 2:2 BSc degree, do you think people can do a MEng degree?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think it would be difficult - I think most Uni's have the first two years common to the BEng and MEng students then you can continue on/transfer to the MEng course only if you're on a 2:1 or better. Not sure how they'd feel about it if you'd finished with a 2:2 or a third.
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLlama)
    I think it would be difficult - I think most Uni's have the first two years common to the BEng and MEng students then you can continue on/transfer to the MEng course only if you're on a 2:1 or better. Not sure how they'd feel about it if you'd finished with a 2:2 or a third.
    Jenn xx

Yeah at my uni you needed 60% at least in all your modules to stay on the MEng course or transfer up to it from the BEng. so a 2:2 might not cut it, one thing you can do though... Ask the uni they'll sort you out.

ReputationRep:
    2.1 is the usual min standard.

ReputationRep:
    At exeter you can only transfer from BEng to MEng in the first two years. Third year modules are higher level for an MEng. I thought this was the same at most other unis too? So if you get a BEng you can't just do the fourth year for MEng.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.