The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades and Improvement

Hi Guys!
I got BBB at AS level which isn't great but it's fine but for Year 13 my grades have slipped due to personal reasons and so this resulted in my predicted grades not being so good (ABB). I've already tried speaking to my teachers to get these up but they don't really want to bring them up which is understandable since my recent mocks weren't very great (DDD). Obviously uni applications close somewhere in January so here are my main questions:

Should I send off my application for UCAS right now with the ABB predicted grades or continue trying to persuade until winter half term?

How can I improve my grades so I can get them to A standard for all three of my subjects?

Thanks

(BTW, I do Physics Maths Chemistry)
(edited 6 years ago)
It depends on what the unis you are applying ask for. ABB is still very good, and is very realistic for someone who got BBB. If you believe you can get AAA then by all means apply for those unis and do it now. Most unis are already sending out their offers and you may struggle to get one if you wait too late. Couldn't you just ask your referee to boost your predictions?
Reply 2
Original post by xEmilyxx
It depends on what the unis you are applying ask for. ABB is still very good, and is very realistic for someone who got BBB. If you believe you can get AAA then by all means apply for those unis and do it now. Most unis are already sending out their offers and you may struggle to get one if you wait too late. Couldn't you just ask your referee to boost your predictions?

I didn't know my referee could do that! I think my head of sixth form is my referee so I'll have a chat with him about boosting those grades. I'll be sure to update this feed!
Original post by Emanzyy
I didn't know my referee could do that! I think my head of sixth form is my referee so I'll have a chat with him about boosting those grades. I'll be sure to update this feed!

I think each college and school has a different system. My subject teachers would insert my predictions on a internal file, and my support tutor who does all the form tutoring stuff would put them on as she did my reference. However, at the end of the day I could ask my tutor to put whatever I wanted on as long as it was realistic and my subject tutors didnt have the last say.

But I do know elsewhere whatever the subject teacher says goes. It depends on the layout of the school or college. We have 200 and something A2 students and 400 AS, so head of year couldnt exactly do them all.

Quick Reply

Latest