snap revise or uplearn? Watch

saarahtalha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im in year 12 studying A level Biology, Chemistry and psychology and want to go into medicine.
I have not a lot of money to spend on this my budget is max £200 but I was wondering which revision app is better uplearn or snaprevise.
which one will help me through the 2 years but also be not too expensive?
should I even get the app now or will it be more worth while getting it in year 13?
idk I just want the best advice on the best support to get the a*'s.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by saarahtalha)
Im in year 12 studying A level Biology, Chemistry and psychology and want to go into medicine.
I have not a lot of money to spend on this my budget is max £200 but I was wondering which revision app is better uplearn or snaprevise.
should I even get the app now or will it be more worth while getting it in year 13?
i'm assuming this is on ur phone? i prefer analogue methods of revision so pen, paper/flashcards/posters are my best revision methods. i think they're slightly cheaper than a revision app that might not work.

if ur set on getting an app, maybe check out some reviews and then decide if it's still worth it?
Bluelax01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AnkiApp app is good. You can download and use flash cards for every subject that others have created. Or create your own
Abbie006
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hiiii, just wanted to ask you how is biology and psychology at a level??? which one it better and what kinds of things do you learn?
(im having trouble picking my last option and its out of bio and psychology.
sorry for not answering!
saarahtalha
Rep:
?
hi it's fine
biology is very content heavy but is so interesting the question require a lot of detail in the exams pyschology is also very interesting u need to remember a lot of names and percentages and u need a decent maths grade not at a* level but decent. if ur good with writing essays pyschology is good. I love both subjects i cant choose out of either but whichever u pick I think you will like either it depends on what you like.
Kitty_chin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi sorry, i was wondering if u ended up getting uplearn and if so, is it any good? ive been thinking about getting it for AS maths but i’m still unsure:/
saarahtalha
Rep:
?
I havent got it I dont want to buy it unless I know a bit more about it
izzya2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m a year 12 studying chemistry biology and psychology too (wanting to do dentistry) and I have snaprevise. I recently bought the chemistry course and I genuinely think it is really helpful. The videos and notes are both great but the only downside is that there’s no exam questions or anything which is what I struggle with the most. I’m considering buying it for biology too because I agree, there is a lot of information to remember and I learn really well from videos etc. I would really reccomend it so far and I also have a 40% off code that was emailed to me (HFKP11AQM40) which I used to buy it because I literally refuse to buy both courses full price haha but you can only use it for one course on one account so I’m debating whether I really want to spend £30 on some biology videos 😕Hope this helped 😊
man111111
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by izzya2001)
Hi, I’m a year 12 studying chemistry biology and psychology too (wanting to do dentistry) and I have snaprevise. I recently bought the chemistry course and I genuinely think it is really helpful. The videos and notes are both great but the only downside is that there’s no exam questions or anything which is what I struggle with the most. I’m considering buying it for biology too because I agree, there is a lot of information to remember and I learn really well from videos etc. I would really reccomend it so far and I also have a 40% off code that was emailed to me (HFKP11AQM40) which I used to buy it because I literally refuse to buy both courses full price haha but you can only use it for one course on one account so I’m debating whether I really want to spend £30 on some biology videos 😕Hope this helped 😊
who emailed you the discount code?
mtp from mtv
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
uplearn by a mile
preet1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey! i did different subjects but i was in a similar boat to you.

I didnt have much of a budget either but all i can say is spending my money on the Economics Course was so so so worth it ( I got an A!)

I would have to say Uplearn is better, i tried the snaprevise and it was so low quality, the videos were way too long and it was like a boring lecture, there was hardly any interaction. Uplearn actually looked into neuroscience research and implemented those techniques, you can really notice how the information doesnt leave your head.

Definitely have your own say though, try both free trials and see which one you enjoyed more! Good Luck
A_Silcock
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think uplearn is much better for revision as you have to answer questions during the videos, this means you don't drift away from what is being said.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads