DRIVING TEST TOMORROW! Doing the new test, failed mocks,know i can drive but nervos!!

Watch
jamie5533
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, i have a driving test tomorrow and doing the new driving test, im so scared that i fail as around here its a 3 month waiting list for a test, its at 9:30 so it seems like a decent time, my first mock went better than my second, as on my second i was trying to do better than my first and ended up failing, and help will be appreciated i just want to pass so bad, the 'good' examiner has been doing Wednesdays for about a month does that make it seem like i will have him tomorrow too?? arghh so nervous! someone that my instructor has was the first to sit the new test and failed. im scared and dont know what to do, im gonna have an early night but anything is appreciated
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dont think too hard into it. The other person could have failed on a silly mistake that you are unlikely to do. As long as you drive like you normally do you should be fine. I messed up on my second test, probably could have got loads of minors for undue hesitation but passed anyway.

If you drive safe and the examiner feels that you are calm when they are in the car with you then you should be fine. Remember to breathe and try and pretend you are just out driving with your instructor and itll be okay.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jamie5533)
Hi, i have a driving test tomorrow and doing the new driving test, im so scared that i fail as around here its a 3 month waiting list for a test, its at 9:30 so it seems like a decent time, my first mock went better than my second, as on my second i was trying to do better than my first and ended up failing, and help will be appreciated i just want to pass so bad, the 'good' examiner has been doing Wednesdays for about a month does that make it seem like i will have him tomorrow too?? arghh so nervous! someone that my instructor has was the first to sit the new test and failed. im scared and dont know what to do, im gonna have an early night but anything is appreciated
Good luck!

There is no such thing as a good or bad examiner IMO. They'll pass you for your driving if it's safe. They're not looking for exceptional driving, just prove you can drive safe and you'll get that shiny new pink licence

Go for a drive before the test, maybe an hour or so, but don't tire yourself out. :yes:
username3666640
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did your test go?
Tegasworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,i failed my driving test todaywith 3 minors and 2 serious .the serious are;one is for safety when moving off and two is for meeting.And the minor are ;undue hesistation ,change speed and positioning .
This is my 2nd driving test failed and i used my own car this time which was more comfortable for me.
I think i prefered the satnav they introduced,it is much more easier than when the examinal tells you where to go because you can see which lane to position before hand .i am booking again but praying to have a cancellation cos the one i saw was for February. I hope you did pass yourtest though.
jamie5533
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, i sadly failed last week! 5 minors and one serious for not being fully in the middle lane waiting to turn right, a car had to come to a stop behind me but i was really confused cos a car coming towards me had stopped in the middle of the road and had its indicator on and i had no clue where they were going, thats why i didnt position myself correctly cos i was gonna let them drive behind me, i got a fail but i think it was cos i panicked, luckily i managed to grab a test cancellation for next week, Wednesday again so hopefully i have the same examiner, he tried to calm me down a lot
chosenone93
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tegasworld)
Hi,i failed my driving test todaywith 3 minors and 2 serious .the serious are;one is for safety when moving off and two is for meeting.And the minor are ;undue hesistation ,change speed and positioning .
This is my 2nd driving test failed and i used my own car this time which was more comfortable for me.
I think i prefered the satnav they introduced,it is much more easier than when the examinal tells you where to go because you can see which lane to position before hand .i am booking again but praying to have a cancellation cos the one i saw was for February. I hope you did pass yourtest though.
Failed the new test too, 9 minors and 1 serious. The most annoying thing for me is the wait by far as you have to wait on the driving instructors availability too. Wish i could just take it the next day. If you are feeling impatient i'd recommended purchasing the cancellation software cost only £18 i'm getting texts every time something matching my preference is cancelled.
Tegasworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, i sadly failed last week! 5 minors and one serious for not being fully in the middle lane waiting to turn right, a car had to come to a stop behind me but i was really confused cos a car coming towards me had stopped in the middle of the road and had its indicator on and i had no clue where they were going, thats why i didnt position myself correctly cos i was gonna let them drive behind me, i got a fail but i think it was cos i panicked, luckily i managed to grab a test cancellation for next week, Wednesday again so hopefully i have the same examiner, he tried to calm me down a lot
So sorry about that ,better luck next time.
Tegasworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chosenone93)
Failed the new test too, 9 minors and 1 serious. The most annoying thing for me is the wait by far as you have to wait on the driving instructors availability too. Wish i could just take it the next day. If you are feeling impatient i'd recommended purchasing the cancellation software cost only £18 i'm getting texts every time something matching my preference is cancelled.
So sorry you failed ,hopefully you will pass the next test,please may know the name of the cancellation software .i always check dvsa morning and evenings to check for cancellation but they are fully booked till feb.i need to pass asap because my theory expires feb18 .thnks in advance
chosenone93
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So sorry you failed ,hopefully you will pass the next test,please may know the name of the cancellation software .i always check dvsa morning and evenings to check for cancellation but they are fully booked till feb.i need to pass asap because my theory expires feb18 .thnks in advance
Go to the website below, its excellent I've managed to move my test date twice already.

http://www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk/

Good luck!
Tegasworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chosenone93)
Go to the website below, its excellent I've managed to move my test date twice already.

http://www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk/

Good luck!
Thanks a lot
Abdibanana
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Although your examiner examines how safely you drive you shouldn't put yourself down if you've made a man mistake during the test as they also look at how you overcome the mistake. They look for how confident you are as a driver so don't act nervous during the test.
slliwham
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you are looking for a cancellation app try Testi. Its free on the app store on ios. My test waiting times are like 3 months and i failed 3 times and always got multiple cancellation dates within 2 weeks including sats. I passed on my 4th goal.
username3666640
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry about that. Hope you clear it next time
username3666640
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good Luck with the new test!
cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have my test on the 26th and I am incredibly nervous, admittedly apart from my first few lessons as far as I am aware I have never done anything to dangerous, maybe every now and again I may approach a bend with a crossing on too fast and I may sometimes go a bit over the line at a junction, although they're serious faults its things that I believe are easy to correct, overall I am not that bad of a driver, I have been told by many people that I tend to think of the worst out come in all situations.
Tegasworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
💃💃😁😁 Finally i passed my test on the 28th of dec @8.10 am with 5 minor.i am so happy i got my freedom.i wish everyone who is yet to take their test the very best of luck.thanks for all your advice and i want to recommend driving test cancellation site.it is worth every penny.it really helped me to get a quick cancelation date.thanks one again.
cbaforcba
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
💃💃😁😁 Finally i passed my test on the 28th of dec @8.10 am with 5 minor.i am so happy i got my freedom.i wish everyone who is yet to take their test the very best of luck.thanks for all your advice and i want to recommend driving test cancellation site.it is worth every penny.it really helped me to get a quick cancelation date.thanks one again.
congratulations! If you don't mind me asking (if you can remember) what were the minors and how many hours did you have?
Tegasworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cbaforcba)
congratulations! If you don't mind me asking (if you can remember) what were the minors and how many hours did you have?
Hi ,i had 30 hours of paid lesson and lots of lessons with my own car.the test lasted exactly 40 mins and the road wadms so free of cars.had 5 minors .2 for undue hesistations at junctions,1 for signal correctly ,1 for position nomally and the last one for steering corectly.i hope these answered your question.
cbaforcba
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi ,i had 30 hours of paid lesson and lots of lessons with my own car.the test lasted exactly 40 mins and the road wadms so free of cars.had 5 minors .2 for undue hesistations at junctions,1 for signal correctly ,1 for position nomally and the last one for steering corectly.i hope these answered your question.
Thank you very much, by the time I take my test I will have had the same amount of paid hours as you had (Except I don't have my own car yet) anyway, I just want to pass, idc if I get 13 minors aslong as I pass
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads