History help for The Reformation Watch

ineeedhellp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have my history mock coming up on Friday and a topic my teacher told us to revise is what were the criticisms of the Catholic church before the reformation and also what changes Henry VIII and Edward VI made to the church. ANY HELP will be muchly appreciated
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is gonna be brief, so you'll need to research, but it might help you start.

Criticisms - Nepotism, greed, unbiblical ie. purgatory and indulgences, too fancy/rich (but remember that Henry's reformation was arguably more to do with the money/land he could gain rather than having criticisms of the way it ran - shown in his religious conservatism)

Henry VIII - He literally changed the religion, and split from the Pope. Pretty important. He utilised the legal use of the council, which monarch's hadn't really done before. There are lots of acts and stuff, look these up and learn the dates. Again, make it clear that most of this was to do with personal issues (Great Matter) and not because he was a defiant protestant.

Edward VI - Continued the reformations Henry made. I'd split these up into two sections with Somerset and Northumberland - as reform pace differed between them.

It's probably also important to look at public opinion/reaction to the changes, and how successful they were.

Hope this helps X
ineeedhellp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thanks that really helps I've done some more research and I'm ready to ace the test
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.49%
No (66)
98.51%

Watched Threads