The Student Room Group
the year is counted but the exam marks aren't counted towards the final degree classification. you should have the opportunity to do retakes in summer and the maximum awarded will be 40.
Reply 2
This is murky territory as certain post-graduate courses and employment places now want to see a transcript of your degree as well as the overall classification to see for what it is your degree actually consisted of (as many degrees with the same title involve studying radically different sub-topics) and to see how well you did (i.e. did you end up with 60% or 69% as your final average). While this is by no means "all" places, it's worth considering.

Also as a side note, I would presume students who do well in their first year are better prepared to do well in their second and third years. While I am a great believer in turning it around (God knows I only have 2 A-levels!) I'd try and work hard now even if it's only a few days before your exams to give yourself the best possible grade in your first year exams despite them not counting toward your overall classification.

Latest

Trending

Trending