How long does it take you to write a 2000 word essay Watch

Ilikepringles72
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It normally takes me ages to complete a single essay. When I write I second guess everything or think its not good enough. I lose motivation and essentially just crash and have my weekly breakdown. The quickest I have been able to complete a 2000 words took me around 12 hours non stop. I kept putting the essay off until it was too late and I had to just do it no matter how bad it was
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
for my exams we have to do 3000 words (1 long essay, 2 shorter) in 36 hours. For the long answer I spent most of the first day doing it
XxM3GxX
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I know what it feels like to second guess yourself and things. I tend to be able to do that in about 3 hours with breaks (A levels btw). I normally do it in my free periods, I put my earphones in and zone out. I don't really get distracted. Is there a friend who is doing the same course as you? If so, perhaps ask them to proof read your work and see if there is any factual errors. When I do essays, I tend to share them with other people in my course and they give me theirs, this way we can read each others and make sure nothing is missing out. Also, when you loose motivation, take a time out and do something fun. Trying to write an essay with zero motivation is such a boring task.
eggyeol
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my gosh you sound just like me. I thought I was the only one that did things like this
Bored123456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can bang out a 2000 word essay in 5 minutes. Easy.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on the essay title and content. If I find it easy, then pretty quickly. If not, it'll take longer.
Parliament
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My record for a 3000 word essay is 4 hours from plan to completion with a break for lunch in the middle, I guess it'd take about 3 hours for 2000 words

#gripitandripit
arizonaidiot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chaz254)
Can bang out a 2000 word essay in 5 minutes. Easy.
Of course.In a world where 5 minutes are 50 days that is.
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What is even worse is having to pick sources and citing them (going back to look for the page number, author and date) as well as providing a bibliography in the end. It really is hell.
Cece star
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It really depends on who how you are as an individual. You should ask yourself how much you really know about the topic, and how fast you can type on your laptop/computer.

As for me personally, planning has a huge impact on how well I get my job done. If the topic is interesting, I tend to write faster than usual because I'm more engaged. As a whole, if the subject is interesting it takes me a few days to finish my work, however, if find the topic rather boring it takes me a while longer.
anuxoxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
y'all are stressing me out i have to write a 2500 word essay by monday and i haven't even read the book i need to write the essay about. im dead.
FightToWin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  60-skeleton-at-desk-meme-winsome-skeleton-at-keyboard-skeleton-at-keyboard-618x412.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  44.6 KB
glitterbows
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No more than 2 hours usually. But it could take me longer if I really struggled with the topic, I guess.
ZeusHasArrived
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This morning I unknowingly and honestly wrote a 2000 word pentadic analysis of a short story in less than two hours. I started at 7 am and finished at 8:45am. To be fair, I’d been thinking about the contents of the paper for a while in the back of my head, but nothing beyond the major points. On the downside, I’m missed class to complete the paper... win some you lose some—emails a thing for a reason though.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Usually took me around 2 days to write a 2000 word essay unless I had less than 2 days to write it. I'm not the fastest writer at all but it didn't matter.
agrew
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Love marking essays written in two hours.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2 weeks probably.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I have several drafts in that time. The first draft would probably take me 4-5 days to write.
Jordan.HS
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ilikepringles72)
It normally takes me ages to complete a single essay. When I write I second guess everything or think its not good enough. I lose motivation and essentially just crash and have my weekly breakdown. The quickest I have been able to complete a 2000 words took me around 12 hours non stop. I kept putting the essay off until it was too late and I had to just do it no matter how bad it was
About 2 weeks because I procrastinate then have a breakdown about procrastinating.
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It recently took me a week just to write a mere 700 words. I'm way too much of a perfectionist and obsess over every sentence so I'm dreading when I have to start writing longer essays :eek3:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (47)
75.81%
No I haven't decided yet (9)
14.52%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
9.68%

Watched Threads