The Student Room Group

UNIQ Oxford 2018

I’m thinking of applying for UNIQ in summer 2018 and since applications opened today I thought I’d create somewhere for advice or a chat.

I’ll start off by asking for some advice:
I want to study French and Spanish at university but I can’t meet the dates for those UNIQ courses. Do you think the linguistics one (which also really interests me but I don’t think I’ll go on to study) would be relevant and I’d still be able discuss it on my personal statement?
Original post by goldilocks12
I’m thinking of applying for UNIQ in summer 2018 and since applications opened today I thought I’d create somewhere for advice or a chat.

I’ll start off by asking for some advice:
I want to study French and Spanish at university but I can’t meet the dates for those UNIQ courses. Do you think the linguistics one (which also really interests me but I don’t think I’ll go on to study) would be relevant and I’d still be able discuss it on my personal statement?

Your personal statement is about what has inspired you to decide to want to study your subject at university. If part of that reason is a UNIQ course you went on then absolutely, you can mention it, it doesn't matter what the name of that course is. Having said that, do bear in mind that the main purpose of UNIQ is widening access, not giving you an 'advantage' in applying.
Reply 2
Hello, anyone here on the maths course?
Original post by lafee
Hello, anyone here on the maths course?

hey I'm on the medicine course... Ik that's not maths haha but you should have got emails with a link to the forum which then there's a maths thread there which you could join... most of the subjects have created groups outside of that forum but if you go on and write your sc/ insta ect name depending on what your subject is using then they should add you and you can meet everyone
Reply 4
Original post by Maz161120
hey I'm on the medicine course... Ik that's not maths haha but you should have got emails with a link to the forum which then there's a maths thread there which you could join... most of the subjects have created groups outside of that forum but if you go on and write your sc/ insta ect name depending on what your subject is using then they should add you and you can meet everyone

thankyou for the info!
Reply 5
hi everyone I was wondering did anyone decline the uniq offer last year ? did any one on the waiting list get to go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending