Ellyott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I was wondering how many people roughly at glasgow or any scottish uni are 17?

I just got an offer from glasgow however when I go to uni I'm gonna be 17? the age gap isn't huge, but I'd obviously prefer being with people my age I can go out with?
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some people wouldve only turned 18 the summer babies of the year group but other than that most people will be 18/19 anyways
CollegelandsGlasgow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Ellyot,

Congratulations on getting an offer from Glasgow University!

In my experience, there are a lot of students attending Glasgow University and other universities in the city that are 17 or have just turned 18 so I don't doubt that you'll be able to find plenty of people in the same age group as you.

As well as your classes, student accommodation is a really great way to meet people that are a similar age to you. I work for Collegelands which is a student accommodation based in the center of Glasgow. We have a lot of Glasgow University students that live with us as well as a lot of students who are around 17/18. We always try and match you to people that we think you will enjoy living with as so that you can get the best experience and make the most like minded friends possible.

If you have any questions about Glasgow or need any help getting the best accommodation possible, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Lucy @ Collegelands.
hysterria
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm an EU student, turning 17 in May so I won't be 18 for most of first year. I talked to a staff member at the Glasgow open day, and she said about one in eight students is 17 when starting uni . However, if you're worried about missing out on nightlife etc you might want to consider a gap year?
Ellyott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hysterria)
I'm an EU student, turning 17 in May so I won't be 18 for most of first year. I talked to a staff member at the Glasgow open day, and she said about one in eight students is 17 when starting uni . However, if you're worried about missing out on nightlife etc you might want to consider a gap year?
Thank you! that statistic has made me feel better! I'm actually 19 in april so I'm gonna be one of the oldest!! Honestly though thank you! made me feel much better!
vicky.farkasova
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also got an offer and will only be 17 if I decide to go so don't worry you are not alone and I'll be your friend aha xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.59%
No (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed