ines22xox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I really want to do my EPQ about the causes of drug addiction and the treatments for drug addiction. My working title is currently 'Should drug rehabilitation programmes be tailored to the individual and their experience?', but I'm not sure it quite works, as I think rehab programmes are already personalised to some extent.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could change my title to a better one. I want one that allows me to investigate the genetic, psychological and social factors that influence drug addiction, and how this affects the treatments given in rehab.

If it simply won't work, does anyone have any ideas about (controversial) medical topics, preferably in the field of psychiatry.

Thanks
ireee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ines22xox)
I really want to do my EPQ about the causes of drug addiction and the treatments for drug addiction. My working title is currently 'Should drug rehabilitation programmes be tailored to the individual and their experience?', but I'm not sure it quite works, as I think rehab programmes are already personalised to some extent.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could change my title to a better one. I want one that allows me to investigate the genetic, psychological and social factors that influence drug addiction, and how this affects the treatments given in rehab.

If it simply won't work, does anyone have any ideas about (controversial) medical topics, preferably in the field of psychiatry.

Thanks
Well, an advice I got from my EPQ teacher is that your question has to be debatable, there has to be two sides to eat that you can discuss. And it also has to be researchable, so check out some sources! See if you can find different opinions!
Huw M Thomas
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was an addict for 30 years from the age of 13 to 43 my addiction ended at 10:30 am on July 17th 1999.

Addict has a root meaning but because the true meaning of words is no longer important the true cause is lost. Man then goes about theorising instead of truly understanding.

Treatments can work to a certain extent, but always leave the addict fighting the addiction. When an addiction is truly lifted the fight is over and the addict is free.
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OTHER TITLES on your choice:

1. The relative advantages and disadvantages of drug therapy and psychotherapy in the management of drug addiction.

2. The importance of various psychological and physical factors in the fight to aid drug addicts lift themselves out of their malady.

OTHER CHOICES:

1. Should cannabis be considered to be an illicit drug?

2. The pros and cons of the current dimensional approach to treatment in psychiatry as against the traditional view.

M (ex-medic)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads