The Student Room Group

Is it normal that I'm 13 and haven't had a relationship yet?

Almost everyone at my school has already had their first kiss, and I've never even been asked out. Is that normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah that's completely normal. it's also a bit of a school culture thing so you're getting a skewed view. most people haven't dated at 13 and there are so incredibly few that matter, even if they feel important at 13
Reply 2
Entirely normal.
You’re lying. That can’t be possible. There are over 7.5 billion people on this planet and you are the first person EVER not to have a relationship by the age of 13. I’m calling the police on you cause you’ve just broken the law.
Reply 4
I'm 19 and I've never had a relationship. You're way too young to even worry about anything like this. Just enjoy life
Totally normal.

You're too young to have the life experience to discern much otherwise, but as you grow up, you'll come to realize that instead of the majority of the school having already had their first kiss/relationship/date by age 13 etc, the majority of people are actually just lying (or seriously embellishing the truth) about having had such experiences (in a bid to seem more cool than they really are).
I'm 18 and I've never been in a relationship
Reply 7
I am 22 and never had one!
Original post by Anonymous
Almost everyone at my school has already had their first kiss, and I've never even been asked out. Is that normal?

I can assure you most people at your school have not had their first proper kiss. No time limit but 16-20 to have some kind of kiss but a really meaningful relationship could only blossom when you are truly mature. You get some teen romances that go to elderly marriage but most stay teen marriages..
Are you desperate to get a kiss? People font even value love anymore they just do it for the sake of sex and stuff
You should enjoy your life and one day it will come your way :smile:
I had my first kiss at 18, you've got loads of time kid, don't worry about what others at ur school say, they don't have their priorities in order
Reply 11
13? Most people don't even get into one until much later.
I feel like this has to be a troll.

You really don't want to believe everything your school peers tell you. Most of it is untrue/fantasy and downright wishful thinking. Never mind what other people say or do. Take your life as it comes - enjoy it and make the most of yourself for yourself and no one else.
This from a grandmother of 16 many of whom have been through the stage you are in now. X

Don't ever compare yourself to other people at school.

Most people don't even have a relationship until later on in life.

Be in a relationship where they care for you and you care for them. If you're not ready to be in a relationship - don't let anyone force you.

Don't get psyched into the hype of getting into a relationship at 13.

:smile:
I bet you have an iPhone as well.

Children these days.
don't worry about kissing. get your SATs sorted first.
Pls focus on your GCSEs
Reply 18
you've got to be ****ing kidding me.... you are a CHILD....
Of course it is. You are scarcely a teenager, friend. I am eighteen and I have just entered into the first relationship that I have ever had.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending