The Student Room Group

Interview tomorrow but my last employer terminated my contract

So I have an interview tomorrow morning and I forgot to. Attach my updated cv where I took ok my last apprenticeship as my contract got terminated due to bad attendance ( I was struggling with family issues my anxiety and depression)
I'm so worried they'll see that job which they think I'll still be in (Although they'll see that I'm wanting to change Jobs) and then ask me questions about it and not worried I'll go blank and not get the apprenticeship I want tomorrow:
So I have two questions I need to know how to answer
1- why don't you like your job or why are you looking you o change( do I just go along with it and pretend I till have the job)
2 - if they find out or I tell them my contact was terminated what do I say for and why
Original post by Foreverconfu
So I have an interview tomorrow morning and I forgot to. Attach my updated cv where I took ok my last apprenticeship as my contract got terminated due to bad attendance ( I was struggling with family issues my anxiety and depression)
I'm so worried they'll see that job which they think I'll still be in (Although they'll see that I'm wanting to change Jobs) and then ask me questions about it and not worried I'll go blank and not get the apprenticeship I want tomorrow:
So I have two questions I need to know how to answer
1- why don't you like your job or why are you looking you o change( do I just go along with it and pretend I till have the job)
2 - if they find out or I tell them my contact was terminated what do I say for and why

Quite difficult, but you could try addressing the situation head on.

Its up to you if you give them an updated CV and address the change so you arent dreading it. You can try and say it wasnt working out, so you decided to leave. Uts unlikely they will check. You can even say family issues , but there's a danger if you say you were too ill or had too many issues, then they will wonder whether you will have them with the job you are applying for. You need to point out those issues have been resolved.

Just try and be well prepared, positive and enthusiastic about this apprenticeship, why you want it and why you are well suited for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending