Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Someone I have on Facebook said to me 'I know we don't talk often but you have always been a friend of mine '

Is this possible? Can someone actually regard you as a friend even though they don't speak to you often? (Naturally I am quite shy and introverted).
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Perhaps yh
I have friends who I rarely talk to but I still consider them as my friends and vice versa
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Yeah. The strength of a friendship can be maintained by frequent interactions BUT you don't have to talk to them regularly for them to be your friend.
Like, I don't speak to a lot of my closest friends regularly. it's more about the bonds that I have with them (but this is also cus a lot of them are at uni right now). Similarly, i'd only feel that I would have to talk to someone regularly to classify them as my friend if it was a weak friendship. For example, there are lots of people that I speak to daily that I wouldnt classify as close (and probably wouldnt speak to them if I didnt actually see them everyday), but I have my close friends who I speak to relatively infrequently (in comparison), and I know that we are close friends simply because of the friendship that we have established

idk if this is much help ://
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Like once a year is a no no but like every 3
Months is a friend
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That is so me, perfect way of putting how friendships work in real life.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If you haven't spoke to them for nearly two years, but they come and see you when you feel down, are they your friend?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you haven't spoke to them for nearly two years, but they come and see you when you feel down, are they your friend?
You really need to stop over analysing everything.

Of course they're your friend. Someone who isn't your friend wouldn't see you when you're down.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Indeed. As mentioned in previous threads, I have a friend who I may see once a year or maybe even less because of distance and life. But we're still friends. we can also go months without talking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (392)
32.24%
No (824)
67.76%

Watched Threads