The Student Room Group

Should i risk it and go to leeds university?

I do a btec and am aiming to go to Lancaster university for computer science, however i could go to university of Leeds which is higher ranked. But, the problem is that it is an applied computer science degree and to get into there computer science degree i need to achieve over 60% in a maths exam at the end of the first year. I would also want to go as there is much more diversity compared to Lancaster. Is it worth risking it? I could focus a lot on maths as i already know a good amount of c++, python and c# so learning java shouldn't be that hard.
(edited 6 years ago)
yes
Original post by ryanthom100
i do a btec and am aiming to go to lancaster university for computer science, however i could go to university of leeds which is higher ranked. But, the problem is that it is an applied computer science degree and to get into there computer science degree i need to achieve over 60% in a maths exam at the end of the first year. Accommodation is also cheaper at leeds, i would also want to go as there is much more diversity compared to lancaster. Is it worth risking it? I could focus a lot on maths as i already know a good amount of c++, python and c# so learning java shouldn't be that hard.

no no no no nono !!!!!!!!!!
I wanna go to Leeds but for an english literature course :u:
Original post by tobyheath101
no no no no nono !!!!!!!!!!

Why not?
If you’re going through UCAS, you have plenty of time to consider both options as long as you apply to both! Good luck :smile:
Original post by SafiaFarzana
If you’re going through UCAS, you have plenty of time to consider both options as long as you apply to both! Good luck :smile:

thanks 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending