The Student Room Group

Alternative course at King's or the course I applied for at Leeds?

I recently got an update from KCL saying that I hadn't made it onto their PPE course (which is what I applied for), but that I was being considered instead for religion, politics and society. They then gave me an AAB offer to do this. I also have an AAA offer for PPE at Leeds and an ABB offer for PPE at royal holloway.

I'm trying to plan for the possibility that I won't get anymore offers, and Royal Holloway is going to be my insurance no matter what because the grades are safe. However, I can't decide whether to firm Leeds, which I don't like as much as KCL, or KCL, where the course isn't what I applied for. I don't dislike the religion politics and society, but I much prefer the option to focus on politics in a PPE course. If I don't receive offers from my other choices (manchester and warwick) which should I firm out of KCL and Leeds?
Original post by hannahmaybanton
I recently got an update from KCL saying that I hadn't made it onto their PPE course (which is what I applied for), but that I was being considered instead for religion, politics and society. They then gave me an AAB offer to do this. I also have an AAA offer for PPE at Leeds and an ABB offer for PPE at royal holloway.

I'm trying to plan for the possibility that I won't get anymore offers, and Royal Holloway is going to be my insurance no matter what because the grades are safe. However, I can't decide whether to firm Leeds, which I don't like as much as KCL, or KCL, where the course isn't what I applied for. I don't dislike the religion politics and society, but I much prefer the option to focus on politics in a PPE course. If I don't receive offers from my other choices (manchester and warwick) which should I firm out of KCL and Leeds?

The King's course is new and therefore almost certainly short of applicants - which is why they are trying to fill it up with applicants from other courses. I've looked at the modules and the emphasis is most definitely on religion whereas you want to focus on the political aspects of PPE.

I see no reason for you to firm King's, tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending