The Student Room Group

Classical Music quiz (TSR Pub Quiz 2017)

As part of the TSR Pub Quiz 2017, the Procrastinate Inn presents you...

:music: The Classical Music Quiz! :flute:

For the purpose of this quiz, classical music will be defined as music belonging to the classical genre (which includes Renaissance and Baroque music, et cetera), not strictly to music from the classical period (1750-1820).

There will be ten questions related to classical music and composers. You will be given three minutes to answer. The first correct answer is awarded one point while every subsequent correct answer is awarded half a point.

Once the next question is up, no answer for the previous question(s) will be accepted. Thus, please do not waste your time writing answers to all the questions from 1 to 7 when we are on question 7 as only the answer to question 7 will be counted.

Due to the fast-past nature of the quiz, if it is obvious that someone meant to answer the previous question and posted the answer seconds after I posted the next question, they are allowed to give their answer for the current question, though their answer for the previous question will not be counted.

The quiz will start at 8:00 PM. See you there! :jive:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

[noparse]:violin:[/noparse] isn't an emoji :eviltongue:
Won't be participating, I have a radio interview (for my YouTube channel) and then I'm heading to a social.

Have fun everyone!
Original post by Michiyo

For the purpose of this quiz, classical music will be defined as music belonging to the classical genre (which includes Renaissance and Baroque music, et cetera), not strictly to music from the classical period (1750-1820).

There will be ten questions related to classical music and composers. You will be given three minutes to answer. The first correct answer is awarded one point while every subsequent correct answer is awarded half a point.

Once the next question is up, no answer for the previous question(s) will be accepted. Thus, please do not waste your time writing answers to all the questions from 1 to 7 when we are on question 7 as only the answer to question 7 will be counted.

Due to the fast-past nature of the quiz, if it is obvious that someone meant to answer the previous question and posted the answer seconds after I posted the next question, they are allowed to give their answer for the current question, though their answer for the previous question will not be counted.

The quiz will start at 8:00 PM. See you there! :jive:

Spoiler

Take me out please!

Original post by LibertySea
Won't be participating, I have a radio interview (for my YouTube channel) and then I'm heading to a social.

Have fun everyone!

oo nice :smile:What is your YT?
*polishes flute
Original post by Jack22031994
oo nice :smile:What is your YT?

CarlaSimonSays (I just started, so I'm lucky with teh radio interview. The host liked my (only) video at the time and gave me a segment)
CarlaSimonSays (I just started, so I'm lucky with teh radio interview. The host liked my (only) video at the time and gave me a segment)

Ah okay nice! Ill check it out!

Subbed and #NotificationSquad :smile:
Original post by Jack22031994
Subbed and #NotificationSquad :smile:

:smile: Thanks!
:smile: Thanks!

No Problem :smile:
Might get the answer to an odd question in between rehearsals but I doubt it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm out performing in the Christmas concert at school and forums (such as TSR) are blocked on the computers so I can't unfortunately :frown:
We've just done this in music though so I'm excited to see the questions chosen :heart:
Yeah naw I know the name of 2 classical pieces bye
:groovy:
Hmm with only GCSE music under my belt I'm not sure I'll be very good at this but I'll give it a shot if I manage to stay awake for it!
Change of plan: I'm hosting tonight's quiz!:biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
Change of plan: I'm hosting tonight's quiz!:biggrin:

Still starting at 8?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question 1:
Who wrote Also sprach Zarathurstra?

Spoiler

Mozart?

Quick Reply

Latest