The Student Room Group

How much money do you spend on train and bus fare every month?

It’s my last year of having free travel lol
Reply 1
Depends on the city and zones you travel within :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by FloralLuxe
It’s my last year of having free travel lol

Well I'm in Devon and I have to get a bus to Exeter then a train to my work which costs me a total of £7.65 a day return journey(£4.25 for bus, £3.40 for train) soooo 20x£7.65= £153 a month :h:

Costs will depend on your location and how far plus Devon is really inefficient with travel so alot more fiddly to get around haha
Original post by Kraggor
Well I'm in Devon and I have to get a bus to Exeter then a train to my work which costs me a total of £7.65 a day return journey(£4.25 for bus, £3.40 for train) soooo 20x£7.65= £153 a month :h:

Costs will depend on your location and how far plus Devon is really inefficient with travel so alot more fiddly to get around haha

Ouch! Can you not buy a monthly or annual season ticket? That should reduce your monthly bill by quite a bit?
Original post by Kraggor

Including going Places on weekends
Reply 5
Original post by uberteknik
Ouch! Can you not buy a monthly or annual season ticket? That should reduce your monthly bill by quite a bit?

Unfortunately I live in a tiny village so our weird small bus doesnt do weekly or monthly or yearly tickets :frown: and the train I did have an annual season ticket but I am moving out next year close to my workplace with my girlfriend so I won't need the ticket anymore so works out better if I dont get ticket but I do have a railcard to get 30$ off my tickets as long as I get the off peak train :P

But yes great advice to anyone in general try get all the discount methods especially if daily travel :h:

Including going Places on weekends

Ah I'm not too familiar with weekends but you can just check any season tickets and railcards and buses look for weekly tickets as they can be really cheap too :smile:
Reply 6
Every 4 weeks:
£142.40 - train
Using buses is free for me atm
£500 for September-early July bus travel any time, any bus under that operator in the area.
It's expensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to pay £150 a month to get the train to work. Now I drive to work, which has doubled in cost but has saved over half the time with the other benefit of flexibility. :smile:
Usually £3 a week for the ferry

Bus is free

I use trains usually once a month and tend to spend around £50 a month on them
Reply 10
I have a monthly travelcard which costs me £148.70 a month.

TfL are raising the price to £153.60 in 2018.... Yay. The difference is about the price of a cider :frown:
Costs me £48 a month to travel to sixth form during the week and work at weekends
Original post by Tiger Rag
Usually £3 a week for the ferry

Bus is free

I use trains usually once a month and tend to spend around £50 a month on them

You’re defo not living in London that’s fo sho
You’re defo not living in London that’s fo sho

No, I'm way down south in Plymouth.
Original post by Tiger Rag
No, I'm way down south in Plymouth.

Wow. I’m guessing there isn’t that many drivers cos obv the bus is like £5 a day in L
£60 a month on buses
£90+ per month for uni
Damn you guys spend a lot of travel fare :s-smilie:
About 30 quid a month to use Transport For Losers (London)

Quick Reply

Latest