The Student Room Group

Should you mention why you are re-sitting exams in personal statement?

due to being just one mark off the next grade in two subjects I am retaking these two exams, however should I mention this in my personal statement (got BBC but was theoretically two marks off getting ABB)?
I would ask one of your teachers/ tutors to mention it in their reference- don't waste your own limited characters on it
Im resitting my chemistry as i didnt get the grade i wanted, i didnt mention it in my ps but just had a sentence or so in my reference saying that i had returned to resit the year to improve on my grade! You dont need to dwell on it just ask for your teachers to mention it in a reference
Reply 3
Original post by charliewalford
due to being just one mark off the next grade in two subjects I am retaking these two exams, however should I mention this in my personal statement (got BBC but was theoretically two marks off getting ABB)?

You need to mention your resits in the education section anyway. Unis don't really need to know more than that.
Thanks guys
I had to resit geography and I didn't mention it, don't think it was in my reference either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending