The Student Room Group

Did he do it out of sympathy or because he likes me?

So I'm in my first year of university and part of a society, the society is a lovely group of people but I haven't got to know them all that well because I'm obviously new. The other week we had a social and it wasn't the first time I've been out with them or anything, but I got really drunk and made a bit of a fool of myself by saying something a bit racist (I'm no way a racist person, it just sort of came out wrong I think and I don't really remember saying it)
Anyway, a few days after, one of the guys asked me if I'd like to be added to a group chat they have for socials, and I said yes. I thought initially it was a group chat for society, but actually there's only the odd person from the society in it and it's mainly his friends. Then he asked if I wanted to go on a night out that weekend, which I did. He ended up buying me a few drinks and walking me home because I was quite drunk.
On another night out (organised by the whole society) we were chatting a fair bit, like he was wanting to try stick with me for quite a bit of the evening and we ended up getting a taxi home together and went to get food afterwards.
For a while, I've been thinking he likes me (not necessarily in that way at all, just as a friend and thought he was being really friendly) but it's just dawned on me - was he including me in the group chat and inviting me on nights out so that I didn't feel embarrassed and like everyone hated me after my drunken behaviour on that initial night out?
Reply 1
I think he just wants to be friends and not doing it out of sympathy mate
Sounds like he actually enjoyed your company, keep them they sound like a good mate.

Quick Reply

Latest