Nerdcubed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

I'm constructing an essay for my Year 13 Geography class - I have to explain whether human action has affected the water cycle for the Tropical Rainforest or the Arctic Tundra to a greater extent. I'd appreciate it if you could give me some arguments for either side to get the ball rolling.
SWCoffee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First, population. How many people and cooperations have interacted with each? In the tropics, that land is often more profitable as pasture, so is modified.

Second, the Arctic plants are (literally) fallible, but hardy as hell. From furs to pines, they basically don't give a ****.

Third, what are the mechanical actions? Bedrock, aquifer? How many reserves? how do you describe an average?
Fintanokane
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
in rainforrests up to 80% of water is recycled due to convectional rainfall. this is created due to evapotraniration from the leaves of the treets etc.
it basically waters itself.
therefore, human intervention, eg deforestation, will distupt this system. less trees = less rain ess rain = less trees and on and on....

ive never studied tundra so idk about that but thats one thing i can think of for rainforests.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads