shoes can last for a long time

ReputationRep:
    New clothes
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    new clothes

ReputationRep:
    New clothes, for sure! I went through an awful emo phase in college and I am still waiting for the opportunity to replace all of my edgy plaid shirts and black, oversized woollen hoodies.

ReputationRep:
    Neither . I only buy clothes or shoes when they fall off . Most of my clothes last me 15 years and my annual budget is less than £50 .
    I find the whole situation of buying clothes for vanity utterly pointless and abhorrent . The cost of all this wasteful manufacture to our planets valuable resources immense . It also shocks me how people who do spend on clothes ever week never seem to consider how little items many people in Africa and the poorer countries have by comparison to ourselves . It's an absolute disgrace . We are poisoning ourselves and planet in the pursuit of fashion and vanity .
    I buy all my clothes and footwear from ebay . I haven't been in a clothes shop in 20 years because it bores me senseless and the prices they charge are totally ridiculous .
    I know that many readers of this would be quick to jump to the conclusion that I'm a "tree hugger " type person but to be honest I'm not . I just hate to see waste in all its forms ...from New cars , to clothes to shoes ...anything . I prefer to see everything used to its fullest potential and not thrown away until it's absolutely worn out . I get much greater satisfaction from this perspective than I would by blowing my money unnecessarily .
    I even filled a charity bag with some of my cast offs and left it outside for collection but was surprised to find they had not collected it , but instead left a note on top of it for my attention ...
    It read .." We aren't that pigging desperate ...." which I thought was rather harsh and cruel . I was after all only trying to help those less well off than me .....

Johnny English .

ReputationRep:
    New clothes. I have so many shoes already. I work for a retailer meaning I get 4 free pairs a year, so it quickly adds up.

ReputationRep:
    Man over here would spend money on clothes than shoes. I'm going to buy a sick aviator jacket in like a week! Can't wait. Shoes, I'd personally spend about £70-£80. They'd be ragged out in a few months because I don't do my laces (eh) and then would have to buy another pIE. However, the current shoes I'm wearing have lasted me more than 7 months.

ReputationRep:
    Clothes
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I only buy either to replace something that's fallen apart but since clothes last me much longer than shoes because of my feet I'd go for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Question above

Id probabely spend them on clothes
    shoes can last for a long time
    I'd rather spend it on stocks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Can I pick makeup instead

ReputationRep:
    New clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I have too many clothes already so shoes

ReputationRep:
    clothes!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.