The Student Room Group

I need some advice

I am in year 11 and I wanted to do A-levels so I can go to university into one of the following courses: microbiology, biochemistry or biotechnology. I am not too good at sciences..and anyone I asked said that it would be about 90% paperwork and 10% the interesting part. Is this true?
If you're not too good at sciences you should seriously reconsider studying one of those at University. I have friends whonstudy A-Level Biology, previously loved it, but there is so much hard work and confusion that they're beginning to regret choosing it. Maybe look into something you both enjoy and are good at. :smile:
Take time off. Don't rush your education.
Reply 3
Original post by Jane199999
I am in year 11 and I wanted to do A-levels so I can go to university into one of the following courses: microbiology, biochemistry or biotechnology. I am not too good at sciences..and anyone I asked said that it would be about 90% paperwork and 10% the interesting part. Is this true?

I've studied biology at university (with elements of all 3) and now doing a masters. I'll be more than happy to answer questions :h:

-----

Biology at university isn't always labs- with the labs (which are very different to what is seen on tv) there is reading to do which is often time consuming! Don't get me wrong, I loved my undergraduate (and even moreso now my masters) but I wouldn't take on a science degree half-heartedly. The concepts get much harder, it's much more detailed and requires much more understanding. It's not the memorisation expected previously!
Reply 4
Thank you very much for all your answers! And thank you for your opinions :smile: It really helped a lot! How can I message you in private on this webpage? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Jane199999
Thank you very much for all your answers! And thank you for your opinions :smile: It really helped a lot! How can I message you in private on this webpage? :biggrin:

If you click on the profile you want to it'll give you the option of private messaging :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending