The Student Room Group

Any Advice?

This is an issue that I really shouldn't be concerned with and I realise that in the grand scheme of life and existence it doesn't really matter.

However, I met this guy in university a couple of months back and we speak quite often, pretty much daily. We text rather frequently and always sit together in class and walk back from class together - its just something we've done since our very first lecture. I thought he was attractive the first time I saw him but now I think I really like him and I don't know what to do? I know the obvious answer would be to tell him, but I'm incredibly shy and he is way out of my league. Sometimes I think he might feel the same way but other times I think the complete opposite and wonder if he even wants to be friends with me. The last thing I want is for this to ruin the friendship that we have so I have done everything humanly possible to try and hide the fact that I think he's absolutely wonderful but I don't know if it's working or not to be honest as I don't want to go too far in the opposite direction and he thinks I hate him or something. Is there a way I can stop myself from feeling like this? If so I'd love to know how because we have another three years together at uni and I'm worried I'll only fall for him more if I don't stop it now.

I realise this is long and I ramble for quite a while so I appreciate anybody actually willing to take the time to read this - let alone respond to this most!!!
I feel your pain.

I also have a crush who is quite close to me (and also out of league). We spent a lot of time together, but I have the same “friend zone” issue.

I have no helpful advice, but I offer my understanding and mutual support.
Reply 2
Hi,
Ah, this is quite difficult. Me personally, I would try and avoid him as I know I would develop more feelings for him. Other then that I can't think of any other ways to stop you falling for him. I throughly doubt that he is way out of your league! You sound like a lovely person, I think you should just get it off of your chest. I know that this is not want you wanted to hear, but why dwell on the what ifs? Think of what could be? You only get to live once so why not just tell him how you feel; he might even feel the same way! Sorry for my rubbish advice x :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by SoGrumpy
I feel your pain.

I also have a crush who is quite close to me (and also out of league). We spent a lot of time together, but I have the same “friend zone” issue.

I have no helpful advice, but I offer my understanding and mutual support.

Thank you!!! It just stresses me out a bit to be honest haha. It doesn't help when he constantly gives me mixed signals, sometimes I feel like I should distance myself from him but I'd miss him too much. Also, I tried it once before but he didn't catch on so that plan failed haha
Ah yes... I also tried that to see if I stay away for a bit, would she miss me? Didn’t work for me either.

The funny feeling of when you stay away, you really feel a part of you is missing, is the thing that annoys me the most
Reply 5
Invite him on a pub crawl. Get slightly drink, have fun together, snog. Simple.
Haha I'm the same, I'd probably not tell the person and eventually 'grow out' of the crush (which has happened a quite a lot). Or, I guess continue and become friends - see if you really like him the more you get to know him (you know the whole thing about 'try before buy' lol). And then, if something more happens, it happens and he might like you back - which would be great!......... or not, but focus on the positives!
Talking to him would probably help the most, but i'm guessing you'll be like me and be difficult about it *sighs life*.

Hope you don't suffer too much!

As they say, love is often fleeting.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending