The Student Room Group

Should I make a YOUTUBE channel?

Hey guys! It's my dream to make a YouTube revision channel after I've finished my GCSES but I'm unsure about whether I should. Do you think I'll be noticed with such big youtubers like unjaded jade and eve bennett and ruby granger already being out there giving tips and advice. I want to just add that I don't want to make a YouTube channel for attention and fame but just because I feel I have lots of ideas I want to share.
Reply 1
you can it depends on your target audience and your personality, the quality of videos, content, consistency.
Moved to a more relevant subforum. Don't think you mean vet med revision :tongue:

You have nothing to lose by making an account if that's what you want to do :dontknow: . You can always delete your videos if you change your mind. Sure there are some big names out there already, but they started at the bottom too. I've never heard of the people you've mentioned so they can't have that much of a monopoly over the YouTube audience :wink:

If you want to get 'noticed' (which seems at odds with what you say about not wanting attention :tongue: ) then it would probably help to think of something that sets you apart from the other YouTubers already doing this. I would also suggest starting before the end of GCSEs, as part of producing the videos will act as revision for yourself (just don's spend too much time editing etc), and the audience for that content will be greatest in the lead up to exams.
Original post by Sabz152
Hey guys! It's my dream to make a YouTube revision channel after I've finished my GCSES but I'm unsure about whether I should. Do you think I'll be noticed with such big youtubers like unjaded jade and eve bennett and ruby granger already being out there giving tips and advice. I want to just add that I don't want to make a YouTube channel for attention and fame but just because I feel I have lots of ideas I want to share.

Hey dude,

That's amazing! I wish I had the confidence to start a youtube channel when I was 16.

I'm 21 now and I have just started a youtube channel as a Physiotherapy Student.

There's no reason why you can't start. You have to tell your story. That's whats important, and that is why people will watch you :smile:

But don't get caught up in chasing fame and money in the youtube world. If that is all that is motivating you, then you won't get very far.

You have to do youtube because you love it, because you love making videos, and because you want to add value to other people's lives :biggrin:

HOPE this helped :smile:

-------------------

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4uKzyzfOuW-RiWq7xXFpvA
Reply 4
Thanks! Plus just checked out some of ur videos and they're pretty cool. Keep going!
Original post by Matticus C
Hey dude,

That's amazing! I wish I had the confidence to start a youtube channel when I was 16.

I'm 21 now and I have just started a youtube channel as a Physiotherapy Student.

There's no reason why you can't start. You have to tell your story. That's whats important, and that is why people will watch you :smile:

But don't get caught up in chasing fame and money in the youtube world. If that is all that is motivating you, then you won't get very far.

You have to do youtube because you love it, because you love making videos, and because you want to add value to other people's lives :biggrin:

HOPE this helped :smile:

-------------------

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4uKzyzfOuW-RiWq7xXFpvA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending