The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol maths test Engineering in march

Hi,
Just wondering how does the grading system work to get in. I have been invited to the maths test in march wondering if anybody knows.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Abdiaziz888
Hi,
Just wondering how does the grading system work to get in. I have been invited to the maths test in march wondering if anybody knows.

Hi there!

which university course you have applied for?
I'm a current Bristol Uni student
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by JF-17
Hi there!

which university course you have applied for?
I'm a current Bristol Uni student

I applied to Bristol University mechanical engineering course Beng.
I'm currently doing a btec level 3 Engineering and have been invited to a maths test in march.

Was just asking if anyone has do it previously and so on.what the grading boundaries are like and how many people got accepted in the previous years through the maths test in march.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
oh I'm sorry! I didn't do one

You only have to do it if you aren't doing A-level maths in Sixth form. They just want to check your mathematics ability to handle the course.
Reply 4
I'm not sure how BTEC works as I did A-level. I'm a current Bristol University student doing Engineering. I would highly recommend you to go through Edexcel Alevel Maths and do the bits you haven't covered in BTEC. You should do at least Core Modules 1-4 and FP 1-2 before you come to Bristol. The Mechanical Engineering course at Bristol is really challenging. Be ready 😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending