why is he saying this? Watch

This discussion is closed.
angelx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I know some guys like to brag or lets say exaggerate about how many girls they've slept with...

But my mate(a guy) told me he is a virgin, while i definitely know he isnt...

whats the point of lying to me?
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
he is either ashamed of it or he wants u
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by angelx)
I know some guys like to brag or lets say exaggerate about how many girls they've slept with...

But my mate(a guy) told me he is a virgin, while i definitely know he isnt...

whats the point of lying to me?
to make himself look big.

how do you know he def isnt

the other one lied to make you think the other one is frigid
angelx
well, y should he be ashamed of it, it's normal for a 18yrs old guy not to be a virgin...

wants me? lol...y would he think that him being a virgin is gonna make me want him lol
angelx
(Original post by chats)
to make himself look big.

how do you know he def isnt

the other one lied to make you think the other one is frigid
lol, lets just say i trust that source of information
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well, y should he be ashamed of it, it's normal for a 18yrs old guy not to be a virgin...

wants me? lol...y would he think that him being a virgin is gonna make me want him lol
if he told you he is a virgin and he is not, then yeh definetley he wants you.

he either think you are the easygoing type, or the type that thinks awwwww hes a virgin.
it may also be he has a sexually transmitted disease and he doesnt want you to know
angelx
(Original post by chats)
if he told you he is a virgin and he is not, then yeh definetley he wants you.

he either think you are the easygoing type, or the type that thinks awwwww hes a virgin.
it may also be he has a sexually transmitted disease and he doesnt want you to know
lol, we r jus good friends....as far as i kno anyway

sexually transmitted disease, lol ur def thinking far ahead of me. i dont think it's the case
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, we r jus good friends....as far as i kno anyway

sexually transmitted disease, lol ur def thinking far ahead of me. i dont think it's the case
well maybe he just wants you to think he is a amateur and you can teach him the ways grrrrrrr
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
well maybe he just wants you to think he is a amateur and you can teach him the ways grrrrrrr
Since most see virginity as a stigma now, I really cannot think why he would be lying, I myself have no problem being a virgin, but a couple of things spring to mind as to why he might try to say he is:

1: an 18 year old virgin will not seem like he sleeps around or anything.

2: as chats said, he may feel he is very inexperianced, so much so that virginity would expalin it.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I still remember telling my gf I was (technically) a virgin. She flipped, told me I was a lying **** and walked out. I walked after her, having only been dating a week, and somehow half convinced her. Or more, she'd half convinced herself. Was a surreal evening. A while ago now though.

How do you know the source wasn't lying about it? I'm presuming one of your friends says she's slept with him, but I've known girls to exaggerate before. Or maybe he just wants to seem innocent or unthreatening?
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pretty big thing to lie about though. It might seem little, but I'd personally like my boyfriend to be honest about how sexually active he is.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Same here. I don't really care how many/few people any girl's slept with, aslong as she didn't lie about it.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
maybe he's having his hymen repaired
angelx
(Original post by chats)
lol, u mean teach him verbally or physically! well, there hasnt been any signs of that,so far anyway, we're jus being friends but i really dont know what to think now :confused:
angelx
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Since most see virginity as a stigma now, I really cannot think why he would be lying, I myself have no problem being a virgin, but a couple of things spring to mind as to why he might try to say he is:

1: an 18 year old virgin will not seem like he sleeps around or anything.

2: as chats said, he may feel he is very inexperianced, so much so that virginity would expalin it.
1)well i wouldnt think that he's some1 who jus sleeps around if he told me he wasnt a virgin, cos he had proper gfs in the past and it's ok to expect that he's done it with them....

2)i guess that might be the case but i really dont know...
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really would get him to fess up and ask him why he lied. If he cares about you, he should tell the truth.
angelx
(Original post by Drogue)

How do you know the source wasn't lying about it? I'm presuming one of your friends says she's slept with him, but I've known girls to exaggerate before. Or maybe he just wants to seem innocent or unthreatening?
well, my friend is good friends with his ex and his ex is a decent girl, i know she wont bad mouth him or anything. Plus if they didnt have sex, why would she be saying that they did, what's in there for her!

Anyway his male friends had also been saying to me that he did have sex with his ex and he was the one to tell them. So why did he tell them but not me!!!!
angelx
(Original post by lilsunflower)
I really would get him to fess up and ask him why he lied. If he cares about you, he should tell the truth.
exactly! I'm not gonna ask him why he lied, jus gonna wait and see...

But it really does bother me that he's lying to me bout such things and I cant help but be suspicious
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.9%
No (593)
60.26%
Not really bothered about them (205)
20.83%

Watched Threads